Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christine Ohuruogu - what a legend

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fatima Whitbread was celebrated, and she was a man!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
LOL, there is a rather a lot of truth in that. Jessica Ennis, she is NOT.

There's every truth in it. The public loves Ennis, and its goes beyond her sporting achievements which are no greater than CO's. How much of that fanbase did she pick up, at least in part, by constant public exposure to airbrushed pictures of her pretty face and toned midriff, in many advertising campaigns over the last two years? The advertisers are not interested in CO, because she looks like a bloke.

The broadsheet papers, too. They LOVE an excuse to put a picture of a scantily clad, pretty girl on the front page, just as much as the tabloids do. Just pick up a Times during Wimbledon fortnight. CO won gold yesterday, but received nothing like the coverage picture-wise that Ennis, or Hannah England would have done.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fatima Whitbread was celebrated, and she was a man!!

She wasn't though. Not really. Pretty much EVERYBODY prefered the smiley, media-freindly Tessa Sanderson, despite Whitbread being clearly the more talented athlete.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
She wasn't though. Not really. Pretty much EVERYBODY prefered the smiley, media-freindly Tessa Sanderson, despite Whitbread being clearly the more talented athlete.
FW appeared on Celebrity Bullseye - the defense rests, m'lud.

Well, you also thought you would never post on NSC again so there is clearly a history of confusion.

When did I say that you utter clown? Evidence points more to your history of WRONGNESS :thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Whitbread has been done for drugs too. One day going through customs, police found 15 pounds of crack in her knickers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whitbread has been done for drugs too. One day going through customs, police found 15 pounds of crack in her knickers.

I heard she failed the drug test because she couldn't fit her cock in the collecting bottle

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
You clearly dont understand the nature of drug testing - read how Armstrong avoided detection for so long - 12 hours can make a huge difference, never mind 72 hours.

What a Prick

Ultimately he's become the most shamed "drug cheat" in the history of sport. Is he really a good example to use?

What a ****tard!

Ultimately he's become the most shamed "drug cheat" in the history of sport. Is he really a good example to use?

What a ****tard!

625425_10151749915479800_2113525343_n.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

What a ****tard!
He is if you're using him as an example on how to beat the testers.

***tonguepushedagainstbottomlipwhileslappingthebackoflefthandwithright***

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
There's every truth in it. The public loves Ennis, and its goes beyond her sporting achievements which are no greater than CO's. How much of that fanbase did she pick up, at least in part, by constant public exposure to airbrushed pictures of her pretty face and toned midriff, in many advertising campaigns over the last two years? The advertisers are not interested in CO, because she looks like a bloke.

The broadsheet papers, too. They LOVE an excuse to put a picture of a scantily clad, pretty girl on the front page, just as much as the tabloids do. Just pick up a Times during Wimbledon fortnight. CO won gold yesterday, but received nothing like the coverage picture-wise that Ennis, or Hannah England would have done.

She's on the front page of the Guardian today - and the back page, if it comes to that.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Linford Christie failed a drugs test once, which Ohrururogu has never done, yet in the main I think people firstly recall Christie for his gold medal in the Barcelona Olympics (well those that don't recall a prominent part of his anatomy first in any event).

Regardless, I was cheering on Ohrururogu last night and it was a gutsy run. I thought she'd left herself too much to do but she never gave in and gave her absolute all dipping for the line, breaking the British record in the process. She now has 6 medals in major championships, including 3 golds which puts her up there in the top echelon in terms of the best female athletes these isles have ever produced. Whether that's enough in the eyes of some people is another matter, but I take my hat off to her achievement, not least because her medals have been won over several years with it looking like she had passed her peak only for her to find further inspiration to win again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not very bright are you.
He could have justifiably 'had you' for calling him a prick.

But the moral high ground just slips away when you then act like a prick.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
CO is never going to get any great weight of public / media love behind her. Partly because of the cloud cast by those missed tests, but more so simply because she is a munter.

True story.

I never care what the wider viewing public think about our sports stars just the people who know what they are talking about within that particular sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here