Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christine Ohuruogu - what a legend

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's certainly a shot in the arm for British athletics.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lance Armstrong failed tests all time....oh hang on.

Never tested positive Lance only tested positive once :facepalm:

Luckily he was able to buy it off and produce a post dated doctors exception.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I try to get enthusiastic about athletics but i just can't. Well done for running fast than other women but what happened when she got to the other end? Nothing! No goal. No try. Nothing! So what was the point? She may as well have uses a motorcycle and got there quicker.

Well I think she's fantastic

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well I thought she was great in Star Trek, sat behind Captain Kirk.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed. I think, rightly or wrongly, because of him that even if athletes have passed all tests they will still appear suspicious if they miss tests or suddenly produce great form.
Missing 3 tests can't be seen as unlucky.
1 yes.
2 maybe.
But having missed 2 you just CAN'T miss the third.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Anybody with a brain would! What part of "she passed a test 9 days before and three days after the missed one" is hard to comprehend or based on nationality?

What a stupid comment!

You clearly dont understand the nature of drug testing - read how Armstrong avoided detection for so long - 12 hours can make a huge difference, never mind 72 hours.

What a Prick

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
CO is never going to get any great weight of public / media love behind her. Partly because of the cloud cast by those missed tests, but more so simply because she is a munter.

True story.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
CO is never going to get any great weight of public / media love behind her. Partly because of the cloud cast by those missed tests, but more so simply because she is a munter.

True story.

LOL, there is a rather a lot of truth in that. Jessica Ennis, she is NOT.

True story.

I was going to use her Munterism as a basis for my argument, but though better of it.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings

True story.

And here ends any rational debate.:whistle:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Their is a reassurance for British sport, when a 'tainted winner' isn't held in the same esteem as a clean winner.

Had she been American she'd be lorded as a great champion irrespective of past transgressions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here