Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicken Balti Pie

Mr C Gull

Feb 1, 2011
Souwf London
Where do they get their staff? The chap serving me said "I fink were sold aht" I asked him to check, whereby he wandered, down the front of the kiosk, then around the back without speaking to anyone, then he came back and said "Yeah, none left innit".

The two goons in the pie and pint kiosk in the WSU were worse, i can assure you. I was actually looking around for a hidden camera, as i thought that it was a wind up. They took an absolute eternity to serve anyone and had devised possibily the most inefficient way of working together, where one rang up the purchases and then passed the money to other one who opened the till. I want to know where they find these people and whether they actually interview them first, most have a complete inability to even communicate in the spoken word. You sell pies and pints, it should not take more than 10 seconds to serve someone.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You sell pies and pints, it should not take more than 10 seconds to serve someone.

Only way to speed things up would be to add a commission element to the hourly wage. The more people you serve, the more money goes through the tills, the more you get paid. Simples! :thumbsup:

Mr C Gull

Feb 1, 2011
Souwf London
Only way to speed things up would be to add a commission element to the hourly wage. The more people you serve, the more money goes through the tills, the more you get paid. Simples! :thumbsup:

Commission, now i would like to see them try to calculate that. Matey would have his shoes and socks off trying to count with his twelve (webbed) toes.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
There does seem to be alot of inconsistency between stands and even between kiosks in those stands. I can only go by what I witnessed which in the WSL most northern kiosk ALL hot food ran out at 2.20pm. I spoke to the catering manager for that kiosk, he was about 20 years old and told me they never seem to allow enough pies before games but if I come back at half time they would put some more on! We are only a third of the way through the season so they might get it right by April?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can only go by what I witnessed which in the WSL most northern kiosk ALL hot food ran out at 2.20pm.

Wonder what that translates into in terms of lost revenue, running out of hot food 40 minutes before kick-off. £2K? £5K? £10K? Add in the people that never make it to the front of the queue at half-time and the club is losing revenue hand over fist. Oh well.

Bert365

May 7, 2006
still didnt get balti pie tonight said they weren't doing them was in east. I asked for 2 pies and 2 cokes and then went to pay with smartcard and was told they weren't excepting them. luckily had cash on me and said thats £10.50 after about 5mins of trying to explain that a pie and soft drink is £5 so two of them is a tenner he finally said "oh just give us a tenner then" let's hope they haven't been taking extra money off poeples smartcards.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
still didnt get balti pie tonight said they weren't doing them was in east. I asked for 2 pies and 2 cokes and then went to pay with smartcard and was told they weren't excepting them. luckily had cash on me and said thats £10.50 after about 5mins of trying to explain that a pie and soft drink is £5 so two of them is a tenner he finally said "oh just give us a tenner then" let's hope they haven't been taking extra money off poeples smartcards.

I piad with my smartcard and also had a Balti pie. It was very good :)

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
I also paid with my smart card in WSU and had a Chicken Balti pie which was moorish!

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Was in WSL tonight. Had a Balti pie & beer before the game, bloody marvellous again. Half time the queues were pretty grim so I walked round to the South. Shorter queues & a second Balti beer deal. No problems using the card. I love this stadium.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
Had a balti tonight in WSU and imo it just is not as good as the chicken and ham one!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Had my first pie ever tonight - stake and ale and it was very good quality

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here