Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea in Paris

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Can you imagine the frothing at the mouth outrage of the 'I'm not racist but' crowd if it had been a white man trying to get on a train and a bunch of brown Muslims were preventing him from doing so!

Because it's the other way around though it's OK!

Absolutely I can, because they have no concept or understanding of racism. They are plenty of them hanging around here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's not ok , I've never said that , it's cringe worthy , I'm just adding some context that's all , last year we all saw a white girl get beaten up on a night bus yet there were people on here breaking their necks to argue it wasn't a racist attack , I think the chelsea fan interviewed on ITV news wearing a red ski jacket (me) sums it up well !

Which must leave you condemning all forms of racism then, to whoever is the victim? :shrug:

Why do you need to counter with an example of someone from another race also being a victim of racism - racists exist in every race, religion and culture, thankfully mostly a minority. Condemning racism isn't about condemning white racists, it's about condemning all racists, blacks, muslims, asians, whatever. No amount of counter evidence justifies or gives 'context' to behaving in a racist way.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Sigh....here comes the faux shock and disgust that this country excels in these days.

I was expecting a mob of skinheads battering some chap minding his own business whilst chanting sieg heil. Instead all i saw was a total nothing incident that somehow is one of the main news stories in a world which has around 10 zillion more important issues going on. This is the thing about this film everything society these days, anything can look bad when we are sitting in doors and its sensationalised by the media. All i saw was a bloke trying to get onto a train, a brief arguement with some other blokes who pushed him off and then about 3 other people singing a silly song.*

Anyone can act the fool in certain situations for a split second and then look back and think 'what a idiot, dont know what i was thinking, just got caught up' and ive seen things that if they were filmed, would have the Guardian readers in tears at brighton over the years and sometimes by those that should know better.

Poor behaviour, yes. Embarrassing for those involved? Yes. Surely that is where it ends though?

YOU are the thin end of the wedge pal.

My family have been on the receiving end of retarded, despicable & threatening behaviour like this before. How do you think this makes people feel? It REALLY affects those on the receiving end, so don't give me your insulting b*ll*cks about being "caught up". There is NO excuse for treating other human beings that way.

It's people like you with the attitude you've just shown that allows this type of behaviour to persist. Don't try & defend it or your stance, it's there in black & white (no pun intended) for all to read. You can't defend the indefensible.

How very sad.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Can you imagine the frothing at the mouth outrage of the 'I'm not racist but' crowd if it had been a white man trying to get on a train and a bunch of brown Muslims were preventing him from doing so!

Because it's the other way around though it's OK!

There are clever racists, ignorant racists and stupid racists on here. All united by racism.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Chelsea have always had racist fans in the 40 odd years I've been following football. They used to boo Paul Canoville when he was the 1st Black player to play for them. My only surprise is that there is surprise at this.

I would hope and trust that if Brighton fans behaved in this way, that other Albion fans would straighten them out. I am pretty sure that they would. Not much sign of moral outrage from the rest of that carriage though?

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Is openly bragging that you're a racist a crime? It's stupid, it's also handy for the rest of us to know who the f*ckwits are but I'm wondering whether you could prosecute someone for that. I'm certainly not standing up for them, I don't like racism either - it's the right to free speech issue that I'm curious about. Surely someone has the right to say they are racist in a free country and we uphold the right of others to make pronouncements even if we vehemently disagree with them. "Je Suis Charlie" and all that.

By all means drop the full weight of the law on them for racial harrassment when they stopped that bloke from getting on the train but your point about bragging that you're a racist is completely different to making racist comments. I'm not sure it's a crime, I'm not sure we should be banning people for expressing views that are not criminal acts.

But the chanting by a group of Young blokes would be intimidating for anyone of a different race to them. May not be illegal (I honestly don't know if it is or not) but it is certainly threatening & anti-social.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
So in this case, you don't think the moderate football supporters should come out and condemn the extremists ??? It's just that you are normally the first to demand condemnation from moderates

Spot on.he s the 1st to pipe up about anything else.!there probably his mates.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ironically France as a country is many times racist than ours

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
There are clever racists, ignorant racists and stupid racists on here. All united by racism.

There are clever and stupid racists, but I'd describe almost all of them as cowards and what I really can't stand, it's the denial of racism - If someone truly believes that people of different races aren't equal and should be treated differently then so be it, let's have a debate about it, but they hide behind this veneer of respectability don't they - It's never actually racist, it's a storm in a tea cup, a booze fuelled incident or just the guardianistas showing faux offence or being over sensitive, political correctness gone wrong. That's what drives me nuts, have the courage of your convictions you chuffing cowards.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
There are clever and stupid racists, but I'd describe almost all of them as cowards and what I really can't stand, it's the denial of racism - If someone truly believes that people of different races aren't equal and should be treated differently then so be it, let's have a debate about it, but they hide behind this veneer of respectability don't they - It's never actually racist, it's a storm in a tea cup, a booze fuelled incident or just the guardianistas showing faux offence or being over sensitive, political correctness gone wrong. That's what drives me nuts, have the courage of your convictions you chuffing cowards.

My point was how we have the racist vanguard on NSC who jump into posts and start threads purely to express racial views. They are very clever in getting their tripe discussed. It is a constant battle. We then have stupid and ignorant racist posts from their disciples who are ignorant and can be ridiculed immediately due to their stupidity.

Do people remember the pre-season friendly? Had to queue up with them for the trains back and in my experience they were by far the biggest scumbags who ever visited the Amex - picking fights at random among themselves, with Albion fans and with the Falmer station stewards. Total nightmare

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Do people remember the pre-season friendly? Had to queue up with them for the trains back and in my experience they were by far the biggest scumbags who ever visited the Amex - picking fights at random among themselves, with Albion fans and with the Falmer station stewards. Total nightmare

It's the Russian's fault, made them all big time charlies

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here