Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea in Paris

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sigh....here comes the faux shock and disgust that this country excels in these days.

I was expecting a mob of skinheads battering some chap minding his own business whilst chanting sieg heil. Instead all i saw was a total nothing incident that somehow is one of the main news stories in a world which has around 10 zillion more important issues going on. This is the thing about this film everything society these days, anything can look bad when we are sitting in doors and its sensationalised by the media. All i saw was a bloke trying to get onto a train, a brief arguement with some other blokes who pushed him off and then about 3 other people singing a silly song.*

Anyone can act the fool in certain situations for a split second and then look back and think 'what a idiot, dont know what i was thinking, just got caught up' and ive seen things that if they were filmed, would have the Guardian readers in tears at brighton over the years and sometimes by those that should know better.

Poor behaviour, yes. Embarrassing for those involved? Yes. Surely that is where it ends though?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Sigh....here comes the faux shock and disgust that this country excels in these days.

I was expecting a mob of skinheads battering some chap minding his own business whilst chanting sieg heil. Instead all i saw was a total nothing incident that somehow is one of the main news stories in a world which has around 10 zillion more important issues going on. This is the thing about this film everything society these days, anything can look bad when we are sitting in doors and its sensationalised by the media. All i saw was a bloke trying to get onto a train, a brief arguement with some other blokes who pushed him off and then about 3 other people singing a silly song.*

Anyone can act the fool in certain situations for a split second and then look back and think 'what a idiot, dont know what i was thinking, just got caught up' and ive seen things that if they were filmed, would have the Guardian readers in tears at brighton over the years and sometimes by those that should know better.

Poor behaviour, yes. Embarrassing for those involved? Yes. Surely that is where it ends though?

Ah good old Bushy. He's never mate a racist he didn't like.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Eh, they weren't letting him get on the train because he was black. Easily enough room for one more on that train, he was even on at one point before one of the racists pushed him off.

The fact you fail to appreciate what happened and the context that falls into is a worry.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

**** me, that's a depressing post.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
While im not defending their actions, its a bit of a non story. The guy is pushed back and keeps trying to get on the train. There are a lot of people waiting for the next one. Why couldn't he?
The "we're racist" chant is disgusting but only sung by a few who got caught up in the pact mentality after a few drinks.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
While im not defending their actions, its a bit of a non story. The guy is pushed back and keeps trying to get on the train. There are a lot of people waiting for the next one. Why couldn't he?
The "we're racist" chant is disgusting but only sung by a few who got caught up in the pact mentality after a few drinks.

A bloke is being physically denied access to a train because he's black, and that's a non story? You need a history lesson.....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As toe-curlingly embarrassing as this incident is:

1) Moronic racist behaviour must goes on like this every single day
2) Why on Earth are UEFA releasing a statement FFS? This isn't really a football issue. It's bunch of sad acts being unacceptably racist by not letting a black man on an underground train. Haven't UEFA got anything better to do?

I'm really glad I'm not a Chelsea fan though. These people are proper cringe.

Although...
you only ever starts threads on here with soppy anecdotal Daily Mail-esque articles about how minorities are being looked after over the poor downtrodden working class white. And then you see those working class whites acting like this and you act like apparently it's OK because they're not battering the black bloke.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Being drunk isnt really an excuse for anything though.

A fair few are being/have been outed on Twitter and are denying it, they will get punished though, the French Police would probably like a word too.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

*Sigh* :facepalm:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

This one makes for equally depressing reading too.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Because he wanted to get on that train and there was space?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Disgraceful I agree.......But do think reaction of all ott.......Chelsea fans prob well oiled,train fullish....If it had not been black man may well have been Frenchman "We hate the frogs" may have been chanted....Whilst I agree he should have been allowed onto train and to travel without being abused in anyway....Perhaps discretion and simply waiting for next train would have been sensible.....I`m sure most people have come across gang of drunken abusive youngsters and decide to cross the street or leave pub etc......and whilst unnacceptable behaviour the Black chap was not harmed and again whilst unnacceptable groups of youngsters do get drunk and disorderly...Who hasn`t said or done something wrong/silly when drunk . Banning seems ott if they can be found a simple appology should suffice.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The FA (probably because they felt left out because everyone else has) have put out a statement saying they support Chelsea's action in banning any STH and that they condemn the behaviour.

A Chelsea fan has also tried defending it, saying they were singing a song about John Terry, which is strange as I have never heard a song celebrating the fact John Terry is a racist, they also said the guy was a PSG fan, unsure how they knew that as he wasnt wearing any colours.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-02-18/chelsea-fans-denies-metro-incident-was-racist/

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
As bad as Apartheid in South Africa and the Klu Klux Klan in Bible Belt America.

Will Chelsea fans be demanding a 'whites only' stand at Stamford Bridge?

Will they be demanding Didier Drogba, Kurt Zuma, Ramires, John Obi Mikel, Cuadrado and Willian change in a separate dressing room?

It's a shame Nelson Mandela isn't still alive, bet he's spinning in his grave tho'.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
How anti blacks can they be supporting club with Drogba,Willian,Ramires,Mikel,Cuadrado etc....Sorry its just the Booze talking...No harm done.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

So in this case, you don't think the moderate football supporters should come out and condemn the extremists ??? It's just that you are normally the first to demand condemnation from moderates

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Whilst I agree he should have been allowed onto train and to travel without being abused in anyway....Perhaps discretion and simply waiting for next train would have been sensible.....I`m sure most people have come across gang of drunken abusive youngsters and decide to cross the street or leave pub etc......

Looking the other way and not confronting dickheads who are acting unacceptably is definitely the way ahead - that'll show them :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here