[Albion] Chelsea and Hove Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you still think we can hold onto him?

If we keep playing well and are around the European places then yes. He is not going to get a guaranteed place in a CL side, which I gather he wants if he goes.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
after the way Chelski 'fans' behaved at the Amex last season they were already up there with my one of my most hated clubs and this just reinforced matters.

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I give it six months 'til Ashworth turns up there too with another fat pay rise in his pocket :moo:

If I were a rich club in a state of flux, like ManUre, I'd come in after Barber.

Still....

I'd rather be a club doing well that 'big' clubs want to raid than.....shit. We've been shit. I didn't like it :shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why not just flog them the f**king Amex as well?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Mixed about this - heard some not great stories about PW some time back and was surprised how long he had been here.

I also wonder if his nose was out of joint by Weir getting Ashworth job rather than him perhaps.

Apart from Bloom everyone else is replaceable and I’m confident the organisation is built in a way that no one is ‘empire building’ and not sharing stuff

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If this is the price of (relative) success (and I'm someone who has no problem at all with people moving on to better themselves with more money, opportunities, etc, etc), then the turnover of staff is going to be off the scale, compared with how it has been in recent years.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but even I have to say it's a bit annoying :nono:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As well as detesting Chelsea FC I also detest the so called Albion ST holding plastic Chelsea fans (watch Chelsea once a season) who are enjoying this, sniggering in the background. I do hope it all goes wrong.

No hard feelings here.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We MUST hold on to Gully 😬
The rumour is that Sammy is actually on gardening leave, having SINGED a contract with Chelsea to be part of a show that sees Stamford the Lion try to SAVAGE him before the game and at half time. A bit like a modern day take of the 'Roadrunner/Tweety Pie' escapades :eek:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I guess I'd better order an extra pig's head for Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports