Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea and Hove Albion

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
What have they ever given us?
Apart from Lamptey (steal), Gilmour (steal), Colwill (loan)...few years break...Rougvie, Dublin, Jasper (RIP), Wilkins

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Chill out everyone. Tony and Paul have got this in hand much like the last time Chelsea came calling.
The problem won't be that Brighton can't get people in place to continue what we have done. The problem is that Newcastle, and now Chelsea, will also have people in place who know what we do and how we do it and they will have unlimited funds. We seem to have found ways of doing business in under valued markets. The super-monied teams will gradually nullify our advantage. Winstanley will know who in S. America has the contacts to do the deals for us to bring in the Mc Allisters & Caicedos and they, not any wonder kids, will be Chelsea's first signings.

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
The problem won't be that Brighton can't get people in place to continue what we have done. The problem is that Newcastle, and now Chelsea, will also have people in place who know what we do and how we do it and they will have unlimited funds. We seem to have found ways of doing business in under valued markets. The super-monied teams will gradually nullify our advantage. Winstanley will know who in S. America has the contacts to do the deals for us to bring in the Mc Allisters & Caicedos and they, not any wonder kids, will be Chelsea's first signings.
They will win the clever way. Thanks to our strategy. TB will have to find a third way

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Agreed, but clubs like Chelsea and Newcastle will be after better players than we require. Neither of the players you mentioned would have been of interest to Chelsea at the time. We are fishing in different pools.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They will win the clever way. Thanks to our strategy. TB will have to find a third way
Maybe we should look at some of the South London footballing academies, seeing what talent we can steal from under Palace’s noses. That said, Palace have rarely succeeded in unearthing much local talent.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
wonder why this has taken longer? surely must've been discussed when potter et al. made the move.

Maybe they've only just asked Potter:

"So here's half a bil., who do you want us to sign?"
"Give me five minutes I'll just ask Paul Winst... oh..."

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Maybe we should look at some of the South London footballing academies, seeing what talent we can steal from under Palace’s noses. That said, Palace have rarely succeeded in unearthing much local talent.
The secret scout on Twitter has hinted that Chelsea may have just recruited our south England area manager for youth scouting, then deleted the tweet.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Agreed, but clubs like Chelsea and Newcastle will be after better players than we require. Neither of the players you mentioned would have been of interest to Chelsea at the time. We are fishing in different pools.
Unfortunately, although this has been the case, I don't think that it will remain so. If we can sign players with potential and send them on loan, they can also. Chelsea already loan out more players than anyone else in the league. The way to their first team will remain crowded with players of quality, but there are teams in top divsions all over Europe, including in the EPL, who would happily take this type of youngster and give them playing time.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Breaking News: Gully is on his way to West London for talks.
Breaking News.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What have they ever given us?
Apart from Lamptey (steal), Gilmour (steal), Colwill (loan)...few years break...Rougvie, Dublin, Jasper (RIP), Wilkins
Wilkins?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Over time, I’ve tried my very best to share other fans’ admiration and respect for Potter but against all my zen traits and wish to always see the best in everyone, I just can‘t shake off my judgement of him:

This slightly aloof, moderately smug and salty individual who regarded the Albion job as nothing more than a career step to the promised land. I never felt the love.

With a war chest in the gazillions and with a recruitment market as wide as the five oceans, Potter could literally go ANYWHERE to swell his army, but he seems hellbent on sinking the boot into the Albion and to not only weaken us but to even cripple us…

I genuinely hope I’m wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here