Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie to Sunderland (Merged)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
There is actually the possibility that they came to blows over the Palace match, that this is why they were both dismissed, but that they have worked it out and are moving on, which is what some people on here are incapable of doing..... which is their problem, not mine, or Gus's or Charlie's or Tanno's. It is possible for people to fall out and then make it up again - or maybe any punch-up was just an indication of their passion.

But then again, quite possibly there was no punch-up. But those three have moved on. So should we.

something we could do with a little of now

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was always under the impression that the main reason Gus joined the backroom staff at the Albion, was down to the fact that he was still one of the lads, knew the players inside out, and was good in and around the dressing room, far more than his abilities as a coach anyway.

What worries me now is, has Charlie ever been north of his beloved Shepherds Bush before?, and how well will a cockney get on on Wearside? lol

Seriously though, l wish all three of them the best, they were great for our club, and l hope, and expect the three of them to keep Sunderland in the Premier League, where WE should have been this season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Will Sunderland let Charlie write a hilarious column in their programme, do you think?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
- or maybe any punch-up was just an indication of their passion..

I had in my head that any punch up would probably have been between someone who WAS passionate and someone who hadn't been on the night.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well he's certainly landed on his feet there.

I can't help but think the squad there will be a bit "Charlie who ??". They now have a lower divison scuffler involved with coaching some seasoned internationals and experienced pro's, who have spent their entire careers playing at a level Charlie could only ever dream of as a player. And yes, there are some highly successful coaches and managers who never made it as players, but they've usually got some form of top flight experience to draw upon, whereas the pinnacle Charlie has on his CV is working at Brighton in the second division.

But he's worked hard, got the badges, and Gus clearly has a lot of faith in him so he obviously has something he brings to the table in that coaching setup. It'll be interesting how he fits in though. Its one thing being the cheeky chappy who is part of the furniture at a club like the Albion - quite another to take that persona and drop it straight into a Premier League squad of players out of the blue like this. It could be something of a culture shock for them, and as we've recently seen, they're not shy in coming forward if theres something they're not happy about.

Wish him all the best though, he deserves this break after how it turned out for him down here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here