Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie to Sunderland (Merged)

D

Deleted member 22389

I think we've fooled Gus and co.; it's been unseasonably warm and sunny up here for the last few days.
I'd suggest double-strength thermals when taking training at The Academy Of Light; the wind blows mighty cold on The North Sea Coast.

Hope he does well for you. The better you do, the quicker Palace go down. Just don't read too much in to his interviews thou. If he later on mentions ceilings, roofs, golf, go home, chelsea, leeds or totenham start worrying.

Ray666

Aug 18, 2013
Oatway was & always will be an attention seeking idiot.
Couldn't stand him at Brighton, thought he was just a hanger on.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Let's hope he takes his fan club with him.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Is the reason your posting because there is a commercial break during Lorraine then?

To quote the words of the late, great Tony Millard "You sir, are an A1 ****."

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I always liked Oatway being around even though, as an outsider, I'm not exactly sure what role he played.

To me he was just a nice link between our new, continental approach and the dogged bunch of honest, lower-league pros who won trophies at Withdean.

I assumed that he and Poyet had come to blows after their differences were finally and brutally exposed. But it's kind of heartwarming to find that isn't the truth at all.

My head says, good luck to all three of them. My heart kind of wants Poyet to get a little come-uppance, if only to make him realise that he's a manager that's still learning his trade, not the new Ferguson, and needs a good dose of humility to go with the talent he clearly possesses.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

what planet are you from
have you come in peace
someone will take you to our leader
:wanker:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Great job for all of three of them. But I'm particularly pleased for Charlie. In my view all three were treated terribly by the club, but Charlie in particular deserved better given the many many years of loyalty he gave us.

They'll do well. Gus is a Champions League manager in the making, this is just the next stepping stone towards that. I'm sad we couldn't provide that for him.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It will be interesting when Charlie starts mimicking the north-east accent with a bit of 'banter'. The Mackems will see right through him.
Although I'm sure his enthusiasm and energy is what Poyet feels he needs around him rather than technical help at the moment.
A nice two year contract will mean his retirement fund should allow for a new car every few years and no mortgage. He's done very well for himself and his family.
And if they can keep Sunderland up there will plenty more rewards to follow.

I'm pleased he's on the Black Cats bench rather than ours.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I always liked Oatway being around even though, as an outsider, I'm not exactly sure what role he played.

To me he was just a nice link between our new, continental approach and the dogged bunch of honest, lower-league pros who won trophies at Withdean.

I assumed that he and Poyet had come to blows after their differences were finally and brutally exposed. But it's kind of heartwarming to find that isn't the truth at all.

My head says, good luck to all three of them. My heart kind of wants Poyet to get a little come-uppance, if only to make him realise that he's a manager that's still learning his trade, not the new Ferguson, and needs a good dose of humility to go with the talent he clearly possesses.

There is actually the possibility that they came to blows over the Palace match, that this is why they were both dismissed, but that they have worked it out and are moving on, which is what some people on here are incapable of doing..... which is their problem, not mine, or Gus's or Charlie's or Tanno's. It is possible for people to fall out and then make it up again - or maybe any punch-up was just an indication of their passion.

But then again, quite possibly there was no punch-up. But those three have moved on. So should we.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It will be interesting when Charlie starts mimicking the north-east accent with a bit of 'banter'. The Mackems will see right through him.
Although I'm sure his enthusiasm and energy is what Poyet feels he needs around him rather than technical help at the moment.
A nice two year contract will mean his retirement fund should allow for a new car every few years and no mortgage. He's done very well for himself and his family.
And if they can keep Sunderland up there will plenty more rewards to follow.

I'm pleased he's on the Black Cats bench rather than ours.

Are you aware that Charlie has his UEFA A badge? He only needs the Pro badge to progress further. He's not just the resident clown as many would like to believe.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
There is actually the possibility that they came to blows over the Palace match, that this is why they were both dismissed, but that they have worked it out and are moving on, which is what some people on here are incapable of doing..... which is their problem, not mine, or Gus's or Charlie's or Tanno's. It is possible for people to fall out and then make it up again - or maybe any punch-up was just an indication of their passion.

But then again, quite possibly there was no punch-up. But those three have moved on. So should we.

If there was a punch up which some people on here have insinuated about, which I highly doubt, it was not the reason for dismissal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It was always nonsense, as those of us who know people still at the Albion have said.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Are you aware that Charlie has his UEFA A badge? He only needs the Pro badge to progress further. He's not just the resident clown as many would like to believe.

this
he has done well for himself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here