Charlie Oatway testimonial match cancelled

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Err ?? You what ??

I might be mad ( according to some people ) but I really don't get what you're trying to say ?

In fairness to westdene who's obviously just been to the pub earlier tonight than the rest of us, I have to agree...what are you on about?! Where's the anti Jewish link in all this?!!

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
I don't get what is going on anymore.

Wind the clock back a month or so and everyone would have said what a loyal servant Charlie had been, best guy ever, now this and people are ready to lynch him. Doesn't that seem a little odd to anybody else?

And also isn't cancelling his well earned testimonial pre judging the outcome of the suspension?

This all just seems very wrong to me.

I've read the thread and I can't see anyone who is "out to lynch" Charlie. Where do you get that from? People just seem to be agreeing (apart from you and Westdene) that as Charlie is suspended, it would be inappropriate for the club to organise and hold a testimonial whilst the suspension is still current. If Charlie isn't found guilty of anything serious and the suspension gets lifted, then plans can be made to hold the testimonial at a later date, when the dust has settled.

The testimonial isn't cancelled permanently, in fact to press on with it now would be "pre judging the outcome of the suspension" as that would assume that it isn't going to end with a gross misconduct charge, which is something which noone knows yet. Although I sincerely hope not and I hope we get a similar statement to the Tanno one sometime in the next few weeks and that Charlie gets his testimonial next summer.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
OK - I'll expand - I would trust Charlie ( who has given blood and guts on the football field ) far more than ANY owner / manager of BHA. It's a drip drip effect of bad news at the moment and yet the Bloom and Barber worshipers don't see anything wrong. There is something rotten at OUR club currently and my worry is it might take us back to the Archer days !
You are on a wind up right?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Happy to take the critical posts painting me as mad as a box of frogs but mark my words, Tony Bloom isn't the saviour many people paint him to be.

In the multitude of utterly brainless posts that I've ever read on NSC, an amount which is virtually unquantifiable in fact, this is a CLEAR winner.

Congratulations on being a total ARSEHAT.

Feb 3, 2013
The board are to blame for the whole situation, if they had valid points on why poyet got suspended, you'd expect them to tell us them, they haven't said a word. Barber is more specifically to blame, ever since he's arrived more managerial talks involving gus has come through and of course now this. I think barber is controlling bloom, a bit another person from a few years back. Just a theory.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Could we just give the testimonial to Perry Digweed instead? He PLAYED for us for ten years and never received a benefit match.

The wages he was on helped cripple us financially and the number of games he played over those years for the Londoner, was pretty low, so no.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The board are to blame for the whole situation, if they had valid points on why poyet got suspended, you'd expect them to tell us them, they haven't said a word. Barber is more specifically to blame, ever since he's arrived more managerial talks involving gus has come through and of course now this. I think barber is controlling bloom, a bit another person from a few years back. Just a theory.

just a theory.........thank God!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Have you been down the pub, supping absynthe with Westdene Seagull?

This place is turning into the funny farm.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Happy to take the critical posts painting me as mad as a box of frogs but mark my words, Tony Bloom isn't the saviour many people paint him to be.

Listen to yourself man, you sound like a 14 year old girl with a sore arse c 1974 ranting about Savile.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Listen to yourself man, you sound like a 14 year old girl with a sore arse c 1974 ranting about Savile.

Totally disagree, that would have been a boy if arse

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
OK - I'll expand - I would trust Charlie ( who has given blood and guts on the football field ) far more than ANY owner / manager of BHA. It's a drip drip effect of bad news at the moment and yet the Bloom and Barber worshipers don't see anything wrong. There is something rotten at OUR club currently and my worry is it might take us back to the Archer days !

You are joking ??? so rotten that he has spent near on 200 million on the club, maybe you need to go to Brighton City

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Where did I post about them all turning up in trackies and trying to thieve your wallet ??? :lolol:

Stop it now. NSC is now the pub with CCTV on the InSide! We are being watched and Brighton have many connections to Merseyside, someone is bound to tell Craig Noone. I fear for you, infact the car has probably already been despatched to pick you up! If it's still got its wheels that is...doh! I'll be next!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

What's going on tonight? Everyone's started the weekend early - or finished in fergie time? Alcohol: know your limits!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

"The board are to blame for the whole situation" - and you're basing that statement purely on the fact that they haven't gone public with accusations as to the reasons for the suspension. When its being internally investigated. And (as is every other business) they are subject to employment laws. Mmmkay.

"Barber is more specifically to blame, ever since he arrived more managerial talks involving Gus has come through" - Gus not going out of his way to rule himself out of any jobs going ? Well, he's been doing that since WAY before Barber arrived on the scene.

"I think Barber is controlling Bloom" - Bloom, the lock-stock owner of BHAFC, the multi-millionaire, the guy who went out and employed Barber, the guy who Barber reports to, is actually controlling Bloom. CONTROLLING Bloom.

I think you and Westdene have been on the Haribos. Go and have another little think eh. Come back when the sugar rush has dissipated and your complete gibberish has subsided.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We'll just have to wait before passing judgement on Tony Bloom and Barber.
Personally I'm not waiting to pass judgement on Bloom, I'm happy to pass it now. The man is our saviour, and I will be forever grateful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports