Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway testimonial match cancelled

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You are a complete spazz.

How did tony bloom know we would average 30k 3 years ago?

How did he know we would be in the champ three years ago?

Idiot.

When you say "got in at exactly the right moment", do you actually mean "had been bankrolling the club for quite a while before stepping into the limelight when he bailed us out by paying for a stadium that, without his money, would not have been built"?

All those nice little earners you mention are losing him £8 000 000 a year currently plus the loss of interest on his £200 000 000 investment. Given that only about four clubs in the entire football league actually generate a profit it seems very, very unlikely that Mr. Bloom will ever see a return on his money.

I love the English language.

Three ways of disagreeing with a moronic post with varying degrees of bluntness.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why? Simplistic perhaps, but why silly? Its a valid question. The answer is that he, along with everybody else on this board, didn't have what it takes to do that. Toby Bloom did. That is why he is the saviour of the Albion.

So can I, but my point is, none of us had what it takes to do it, he did. And then gave loads of it away.

I'm not a money guy either. And you're right, I could say that what we did from 96-99 was pointless if I wanted. But I, er, didn't.

Well you did a bit. but anyway, this thread has gone off track. I feel sad for Charlie.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
That all depends. I doubt that the Bloomster did it for totally altruistic reasons and didn't expect a return on his investment. It's not really a risk as the club attracts 30 k plus to home games week in week out and has very very healthy merchandising and sponsorship pipelines.

So, in short, yes. If I was him I would have done exactly the same thing. He got in at EXACTLTY the right moment and will have a nice little earner for many years to come provided we stay at least in the top six of the Champs. If we ever struggle on the pitch a lot of our faithful fans will go wherever they were when we were playing at the theatre of shit.

Absolutely clueless post.

As others have pointed out, TB funded our losses during the Withdean years, however to suggest "getting in at exactly the right moment" is just so wrong and a disgraceful insult.

TB has supported Brighton all his life, it's in his blood, as has his family and his grandfather was vice chairman during the Bamber years. He is a genuinely nice guy who also has a very good business brain. If he makes some money out of his genuine passion for the Albion then great.

Your comments mark you out as a moron.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That all depends. I doubt that the Bloomster did it for totally altruistic reasons and didn't expect a return on his investment. It's not really a risk as the club attracts 30 k plus to home games week in week out and has very very healthy merchandising and sponsorship pipelines.

So, in short, yes. If I was him I would have done exactly the same thing. He got in at EXACTLTY the right moment and will have a nice little earner for many years to come provided we stay at least in the top six of the Champs. If we ever struggle on the pitch a lot of our faithful fans will go wherever they were when we were playing at the theatre of shit.

JCL

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Albion are where they are today thanks to the combined efforts of many people. The fact that some of them don't love each other any more is very sad, but a fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here