Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway testimonial match cancelled

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is something rotten at OUR club currently and my worry is it might take us back to the Archer days

,... 949-017.jpg

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
OK - I'll expand - I would trust Charlie ( who has given blood and guts on the football field ) far more than ANY owner / manager of BHA. It's a drip drip effect of bad news at the moment and yet the Bloom and Barber worshipers don't see anything wrong. There is something rotten at OUR club currently and my worry is it might take us back to the Archer days !

If you can't understand that the club has quite rightly postponed Charlies' testimonial because they are investigating allegations serious enough to suspend him then you're even thicker than your previous posts have indicated.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
It seems a bit odd to me that any professional footballer from the modern era who has enjoyed a lengthy career, would expect/deserve a testimonial unless it is raising money for a worthy charitable cause.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In which case, Charlie should be charged by AITC for the difference.

How does that work? He has willingly chosen to donate half of what he receives to AITC, and has already had a few events for which the money is in. He hasn't cancelled/postponed the match.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Charlie has either been massively wronged or a very silly boy.

Either way, very sad.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Is Charlie the lee Harvey Oswald in all this ?

Maybe the match can go ahead but not as a testimonial ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
OK - I'll expand - I would trust Charlie ( who has given blood and guts on the football field ) far more than ANY owner / manager of BHA. It's a drip drip effect of bad news at the moment and yet the Bloom and Barber worshipers don't see anything wrong. There is something rotten at OUR club currently and my worry is it might take us back to the Archer days !

Absolute rubbish. You need to know the facts before making claims like this.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't get what is going on anymore.

Wind the clock back a month or so and everyone would have said what a loyal servant Charlie had been, best guy ever, now this and people are ready to lynch him. Doesn't that seem a little odd to anybody else?

And also isn't cancelling his well earned testimonial pre judging the outcome of the suspension?

This all just seems very wrong to me.

A couple of things, I've not been on NSC much lately but Charlie actually seems to be spared a lot of the flaying Gus and Tano have.

Also the statement says that they won't be able to conduct the testimonial while the suspension is in play which is understandable.

Personally, I hope it works out for Charlie. On a bit of a loser I think, he could have been in a situation of: side with the boss who gave you your first proper job and worked with side-by-side with for 3 years, or the club he's served for years...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On the bright side , we won't have 4,000 mickey mousers shouting "calm down , calm down" at The Amex :lol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Thinly worded anti-Semite that you are.

Go back under that rock that you came from

Err ?? You what ??

I might be mad ( according to some people ) but I really don't get what you're trying to say ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here