Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Charity,do you give?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Everytime I buy something at screwfix it rounds up the the nearest pound for Macmillian. Regularly donate stuff to homeless charities.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
RSPB - membership funds
An (undisclosed) Conservation Charity where I work (volunteering an extra 1-2 days a week) and regular periodic donations
Wildlife Centre of Virginia (financial support for wildlife hospital/rehab) - annual sponsorship gifts
Brookes Donkey Sanctuary- standing order - monthly
Anglian Air Ambulances - Standing Order - monthly
Ornithological Society of the Middle East and Caucuses - Membership and additional periodic donations
Red Cross Humanitarian Relief fund - annual donation
Norfolk Wildlife Trust - Membership

Furniture, clothes (with exception of shoes/underwear) primarily from and donated back to charity shops
( because I’ve spent all my money on the above :wink:)

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
All my small change goes to Raystede. I've even had people give me money for my Christmas light display...'to help with the electric'! That goes to Raystede as well. The wife does loads of stuff
We have a charity large bottle and once a year we take the proceeds in the form of dog food to Raystede, and the grandchildren hve a good walk around the area.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Monthly payment to Friends of the Strays of Greece.
We adopted 2 greek strays who have been with us for the last 5 years now.
Here's 1 of them watching a dodgy stream. Naughty naughty!
20220828_181402.jpg

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Ever since I had a GAYE account with them in my former corporate life, I’ve had a Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) account - I put in a monthly sum, they claim the Gift Aid and add it to the account minus a small admin fee and I can then make regular or one off donations to any registered charities. As the balance builds over the months it means I can make pretty chunky donations when I want to support something - without it hitting my normal cash flow.

sussexbee

Jan 15, 2023
Monthly to an abortion fund.
Ad hoc to local food banks and the rescue centre the dog came from. Occasional blood donor, appointments are like gold dust.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I have been working with the GB Athletes for 11 years now and have raised £585k in pure donations, through the hosting of athlete experience days.

Instead of money have currently been giving free or partially crowdfunded places on these days to good causes (who respond to the offer) including the upcoming REMF auction...Impetus, Care Sector Ball, Lincolnshire Air Ambulance, Diverse Abilities, Jane Lemon Foundation, Property Race Day, Polo for Heroes, Securities Finance Ball, Building for Heroes; Kids Out, Paul’s Place and Action for A-T

Since the 2023 Crowdfunder launched in June; this has seen £3,179 in donated entry fees now generate £7,295 in donations, thus multiplying any cash donation made.

We are trying to encourage participants on our days to take part in challenges with the host Olympians, and using the crowdfunding platform to generate free places and greater returns than Just Giving for their chosen good cause. It also gives their supporters the chance to win places on Athlete days and signed memorabilia. (Plus we get to refund entry fees).

It won't work for every good cause, but if you are doing another standard charity challenge have a look at what the GB Athletes are achieving and get in touch to see if it might have the same impact for your chosen good cause.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Cordaid
Amnesty Int
The Guardian
Double down news

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Those of you that donate on a monthly basis by DD and are higher-rate tax payers, then payroll giving is the way to go. Gift aid is great but it only accounts for you having paid basic-rate tax. Payroll giving comes direct from your gross salary, so if you donate £100 it only actually reduces your monthly net income by £60.

I’ve got monthly donations to a range of good causes using this method.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Got a couple of small monthly DDs (did Save The Children, when the boy was born) 14 years later I’ve noticed it’s still on my statement.

I give when I can to my mates doing a run/abseil/etc when it’s on FB but there are many. Conscious of this I try not to ask often although I recently done an RNLI one for my birthday at the last minute simply to piss off Farage’s mob. I was pleasantly surprised at a quick seventy notes given

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here