Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Charity,do you give?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I donate each month to The Brighton & Hove Albion Foundation (AKA Abion in the community).

I also donate each week to the Shoreham food bank.

Always donate to any DEC appeal.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
When the call goes out on here, I always donate my "Price of a pint". Over the year, it does mount up.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yes, various heritage railways and to food bank charities when shopping online (plus sticking something in their collecting boxes when I'm physically in the shop). That's the regular stuff anyway, various ones ad-hoc.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Only regular one I have is the Dogs' Trust, but like most I give to random charities when they ask nicely or there's a special need/appeal. Plus I give food to food banks. And I'm one of the few (I think) who still gives cash to beggars.

However like others I never give to chuggers or anyone who comes to the door. Nor do I do the 'round-ups'. And I stopped donating money via text to TV appeals when I found they would always ring me up afterwards and ask for more, and I felt bad saying 'no'. (I've noticed some now have a small-print "If you don't want further contact ..." option, but I don't trust them).

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I once went to an Argus fund raising dinner at the Metropole Hotel. The compare who was a TV newsreader during his introduction said every penny was going to charity. Somebody on our table said The Argus were paying him I think £2k

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A fixed % of total annual post-tax income split between 5 charities, 3 of which are permanent recipients, 2 vary year by year; plus a fixed % of post-tax net worth on my demise split between the 3 permanent recipients of my annual giving.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Almost everything I wear and my kids wear comes from a charity shop :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A young lad came round my house the other day collecting for the new local swimming pool. I gave him a bucket of water.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a standing order for Action Aid. I also give to various things like people running marathons etc.

I have noticed an increase in personal fund raising over the past few years. I gave a few quid to an artist I like who is trans and was having a tough time in their home country; the fund helped them move to a safer place. A former manager of a restaurant I reguarly visit recently died, he was young and leaves behind a child and wife; a fund has been set up to pay for his funeral; again I have contributed Given all the pleasure he gave me it really is the least I can do. These can be a bit controversial with certain types though.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here