Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship/League One & Two End of Season Thread

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Plymouth and Ipswich both promoted from League One to the championship.

Title still to play for. Plymouth in 1st place by one point. Their GD is 33, Ipswich's is 66, so if Plymouth lose, a draw would be enough for Ipswich to take the title. Both could finish with over 100 points.

Plymouth are away to Port Vale (safe in 18th, nothing to really play for)
Ipswich are away to Fleetwood (safe in 12th, nothing to really play for)
Ipswich did a 6 goal demolition of Exeter. Some similarities with our 6 goals especially their last goal, On youtube if you are interested.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Millwall v Blackburn is going to be quite a game.

Best of luck to the Blackburn fans in attendance:lolol:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Surrey isnt all about ManU and Chelsea. In the National League, Dorking Wanderers did well to survive and Woking in the play offs.
My Hartlepools supporting mate who also supports his local team of Stalking Dorking won't know which end to stand!! He has been dragged to many BHA games so he knows suffering

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we're talking about Reading, it has to be posted. It's the law.

Best pitch invasion ever. The Burnley fans celebrated as if they were Brighton fans :lol:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Best pitch invasion ever. The Burnley fans celebrated as if they were Brighton fans :lol:
I can't decide what my favourite part is.

The Burnley fans, rightly, ripping the Royal piss out of them
That Reading fans thought that (almost, but not quite) sneaking into 6th place on the last day of the season warranted a pitch invasion
Knowing that up in Nottingham we'd just scored and caused this wonderful moment in football history.

It's probably a combination of all three.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't decide what my favourite part is.

The Burnley fans, rightly, ripping the Royal piss out of them
That Reading fans thought that (almost, but not quite) sneaking into 6th place on the last day of the season warranted a pitch invasion
Knowing that up in Nottingham we'd just scored and caused this wonderful moment in football history.

It's probably a combination of all three.
That fat old grey bearded fella standing with his arms out wide, as if he's ready to take on the away fans, is also quite funny.

Having seen it many times before, I just like the anticipation of the Burnley fans suddenly cheering at 1:53. Then you've got all these Reading fans in mid celebration on the pitch, who suddenly realise they're in the middle of a pitch invasion to celebrate something that didn't happen :lol:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I was literally about to do a thread on Reading… not looking good for one of the country’s best loved football clubs who gave us one of THE football anthems is it… ☹️

Ingamarsson / Sidwell / Coppell - never forgotten
Remember some spotty oiks singing "We'll never play you again" at us after they won 5-1 in 2005. Turns out they might have been right!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Remember some spotty oiks singing "We'll never play you again" at us after they won 5-1 in 2005. Turns out they might have been right!
Ah I was at that game. Met Chris McPhee a few times around then randomly and I shit you not he said to me he saw me in the away end as he was in there that day too 🤣

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not on the cusp. As good as down. Absolutely no chance now given Hidd also a game in hand against an on the beach too. Also inferior goal difference. Shame as always liked Ra Ra Reading…
If GD comes into it it will be for reading only - impossible any other way. Far from absolutely no chance - although I do fancy Hudds to get something Thurs - then it will be no chance!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Blackburn v Luton tonight. Big game for Blackburn as a win would make the last day very interesting.
Draw keeps it interesting -
If they win they go above wall but will be relying on other results - cracking last day to come…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was there too. CKR screamer…..
I remember singing ‘we had a shot… and it went wide… we had a shot and it went wide’ 🤣

This is why the likes of us who have been through shite like that deserve these times!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Come on Cov, would love for them to be in the PL again.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So…a Huddersfield win or draw tonight sees Reading relegated.

Bless ‘em.

“We’ll never play you again…” they sang…

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
In all the drama of our season, I realised I’m not in touch with what’s going on in the rest of the EFL.

Where’s the drama, which games are on Sky soon that are must watches?

Burnley and Sheff Utd are up, who else do we want joining them?

Insane that the Champ has one game to go and we have SEVEN.
Cov!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ed Turns will, I think, get a League 2 winners medal after his successful half season loan at Orient, and Marc Leonard's Northampton need to win their final match to be certain of automatic promotion to League 1 (and if Stockport fail to win they'll be up whatever).

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
There was a little piece on S4C that mentioned Wrexham were finally out of the Conference, which is nice.

#EasilyMissed.
Well the BBC is well out of order regarding Wrexham we all know that if the two Americans were not involved nor would the BBC bother, you would think that Wrexham are the only club that has been promoted back into the league.

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
Cambridge are on the verge of relegation back to League Two, they need to win on the final day, and hope that MK Dongs and Morecambe drop points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here