Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Cars and congestion

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
How does 'out by Christmas' sound to you?

Also, only a 3 year 7 month ban when his entire defence consisted of saying that he "hadn't got the toolkit" to be on the road.

Why not a life ban from driving? What evidence is there that he will ever "have the toolkit"?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
How does 'out by Christmas' sound to you?

Couldn't even use alcohol as an excuse for his driving and has killed someone.
He's killed someone by his pathetic actions.
And a Judge, not the driver's mate or a family member, entrusted with delivering justice has decided that's only worthy of 14 months banged up.
Where do they get these f*****g idiots from.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And a Judge, not the driver's mate or a family member, entrusted with delivering justice has decided that's only worthy of 14 months banged up.
The 66 year old grandfather's life is only worth 8 (ish) months, banged up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cycling Mikey has a new clip, I saw it on Jeremy Vine's twitter feed.

Im pretty sure I can't post it on here - but it's absolutely glorious.
(White Fiat 500)

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
If the maximum sentence is 5 years and he entered an early guilty plea, the Judge has to follow sentencing guidelines and reduce the sentence. Is it right he got such a short sentence? I don't think so and I would like to see him hit with a 10 year plus driving ban, but the problem here isn't the judge.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
If the maximum sentence is 5 years and he entered an early guilty plea, the Judge has to follow sentencing guidelines and reduce the sentence. Is it right he got such a short sentence? I don't think so and I would like to see him hit with a 10 year plus driving ban, but the problem here isn't the judge.
More than a 75 % reduction for entering an early guilty plea?
Surely not?
Can anyone confirm if it is or not?
I'd be handing out the maximum I could after taking into consideration any early guilty plea reduction.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'm struggling with the Police line on this - a vehicle collided with a building. Like its an everyday hazard, with buildings moving around randomly, jumping out in front of unsuspecting cars, with children playing in the buidling's garden, oblivious to the poor movement and lack of care taken by the building.

Or is it just me? So sad

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's now 3 watches and 3 proper laugh out louds.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm struggling with the Police line on this - a vehicle collided with a building. Like its an everyday hazard, with buildings moving around randomly, jumping out in front of unsuspecting cars, with children playing in the buidling's garden, oblivious to the poor movement and lack of care taken by the building.

Or is it just me? So sad

My thoughts perfectly summed up by this reply

What possible justification can there be for such a car in Wimbledon.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Or is it just me? So sad

never let a tradegy go to waste eh? sadly used by many to grind their axe, seem anti-muslim, anti-vaccine, and of course anti-SUV comments. :nono:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So nothing can be done then and we just surrender our town centres to the tyranny of the private car? I'd suggest that that the introduction of a congestion charge would reverse at least some of these trends overnight
Our cars can't get near the bloody town centres a lot of the time these days - so many are pedestrianised (with every other shop a charity shop or a bookies) - plus the parking is hugely overpriced and often complicated; pay by phone or by card (swipe only), no ticket to put behind the windscreen, and no certainty you're not going to incur a fine because the electronic systems---- are not all that.
Worse still, much of the car park charging has been farmed out to dodgy firms that not so long ago were operating as illegal clampers. Tyranny of the private car in town centres? - bollocks - can't get near 'em!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
never let a tradegy go to waste eh? sadly used by many to grind their axe, seem anti-muslim, anti-vaccine, and of course anti-SUV comments. :nono:
Never let a school shooting go to waste en? sadly used by many to grind their axe, seem anti-muslim, anti-vaccine, and of course anti-assault rifle comments.

Nobody would say that comment would be out of place if it were made on a weekly basis in America.
Americans don't need guns that can fire 200 bullets in a few seconds.

'We' don't need 2.5 tonnes of metal that can go to 60mph in under 4 secs.
A vehicle which it too big to occupy one parking space.
To big to park solely on the road, requiring a foot of pavement as well.
That level of entitlement when it comes to road ownership.
2.5 tonnes of metal so luxurious you think you're in your lounge.
Connected to every distraction you also have in your lounge.
Silent in the car, deafening to everyone outside.
The ultimate safe cocoon inside, lethal to everyone outside.
All to transport less than 5 people (usually 1) a couple of miles.

The advertising for that car was perfectly normal and yet in a couple of seconds it's become absolutely horrific.
That in itself is no surprise, as the advertising for all cars are so unrealistic they should all be scrapped and redone with at least a hint of honesty.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
More polluting cars allowed on the road to expediate a warmer changed climate then just as it looks like there's no recovering from impending doom ban all cars and get people to rely on cycling in the lovely weather.
Our country's climate at the minute is not conducive to encouraging the masses onto bicycles. It's far too cold and wet (unless you're already a cycling geek). Only if the weather gets better will there be a partial exodus from car to bicycle.
Netherlands and Denmark are huge cycling countries - you wouldn't describe the climate of either as hot and dry. More to do with culture and infrastructure for bikes imo.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Jesus, what an utterly weird reaction. Are you OK? Are you seeing things? Or is it voices in your head. Please call or see someone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here