Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Caroline Flack

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
To those who feel the need to denigrate this sad and obviously depressed young woman.

I imagine [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] is the only poster on this thread who had any personal dealings with Caroline Flack and he describes her as” a beautiful person, inside and out”
Having , like most who post on here, never met the young lady, that will do for me.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I had genuinely never heard of her before tonight, but this is very sad news.

20 years ago, my early 20's were somewhat misspent to put it mildly. I was fortunate enough that I had loving parents, a devoted girlfriend, a very understanding boss and legal aid that got me a QC assigned to my case who is now a Crown Court Judge. Before turning up on-time at Crown Court to get 1 year's probation, 100 hours community service and pay £1000 down to the crown, the same thought she sadly had crossed my mind also back then. I'm still here though.

RIP.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Since Jon wrote this I'll hazard a guess 'we' have got considerably worse.

1*MxxR1MAVvWHCAt13qIHngA.jpeg

For those that haven't this well worth a read.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I’ve said nothing controversial? I’m not a low life I’m not going to troll people or make comments like that other plonker did about how she arose to fame when someone has just died, I just find people so hypocritical when it comes to this, she smashed a guy over the head whilst he slept? Sorry if me not liking that offends you.

No more anyway, RIP.

And there is the problem

“I read it and saw it on the news so it must be true”

Your stating RUMOUR as FACT.

Now it might be true ... it might not ....... but don’t let that fact get in the way of your agenda.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Probably a tragic cry for help. So, so sad.

I know nothing of her apart from what I've read, but I would also suspect this was a cry for help that inadvertently went too far. The truth will out, of course - but it's too late anyway.

She was clearly in a bad place and needed help, not vilification on social media... One of the reasons I don't have a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account. Toxic places, and if you're in the firing line and are feeling sensitive it can be a spiral to hell I'd imagine.

Rest in Peace Ms. Flack. You didn't need to do this. :down:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Since Jon wrote this I'll hazard a guess 'we' have got considerably worse.

View attachment 120187

For those that haven't this well worth a read.

I thought of that with the Bobby Madley story yesterday. The stuff about people needing to be part of the jury on a public trial and see whatever they perceive as justice realised. Lots of people replying "you've served your time" etc etc. A bit messed up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
RIP Caroline. She was very talented and still had so much to give.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Apart from that, just a human being.

And that’s just it. Whether it was, the media, the social media, her not able to face herself,it doesn’t matter. She couldn’t find the help she needed and for that alone it is very sad.

I didn’t know who she was until reading this thread, and that doesn’t matter, for someone has taken their own life.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
and much of the public ... so many spiteful people have always been of the “Well, there’s no smoke without fire” and “I knew it, I never liked them anyway”, when someone’s name is dragged through the mud. Long, long before a court appearance.
You only have to look at the Philip Schofield thread to see this kind of thing in action.

I've never heard of this lady but RIP to her. Our vacuous obsession with celebrity claims another. We can blame the print and social media but we are complicit in the culture that gives them oxygen.

Until we are more decerning about the media we consume and consider the value we put on celebrity people will continue to be sucked in and spat out.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And that’s just it. Whether it was, the media, the social media, her not able to face herself,it doesn’t matter. She couldn’t find the help she needed and for that alone it is very sad.

I didn’t know who she was until reading this thread, and that doesn’t matter, for someone has taken their own life.

Similar to me, I barely knew the name only from my family talking about Love Island.

The pertinent, the only point, is very sadly she was in a dark place and took her life.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You only have to look at the Philip Schofield thread to see this kind of thing in action.

I've never heard of this lady but RIP to her. Our vacuous obsession with celebrity claims another. We can blame the print and social media but we are complicit in the culture that gives them oxygen.

Until we are more decerning about the media we consume and consider the value we put on celebrity people will continue to be sucked in and spat out.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Yep, that was a nasty thread. People who hated his work, piled in with relish, they had their moment.

An insight into the worst of people.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I seldom watch television, so until today knew almost nothing of Love Island, but I’ve just read that Miss Flack is the third person who appeared on the show who has taken their own life. What on Earth is going on?

David Baddiel has said that no one on Big Brother killed themselves because while the press could be awful about the contestants it wasn’t bolstered and magnified by thousands of people sending abuse via social media. Maybe that’s the thing. Maybe the hate mobs on Twitter and Facebook can do way more damage to one’s psyche than a handful of tabloid columnists no matter how widely read they are.

(Although these writers can often be the ones who light the blue touch paper to begin with)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I probably knew her best from hosting the "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here" show that followed on from Ant and Dec on ITV2 around ten years ago. I was also aware of her appearance on 'Strictly' that she'd won in 2014. She worked bloody hard with her TV career and deserved a lot more respect than the tortured soul she became.

The despicable comments that have appeared are so needless when someone has just taken their own life. God knows how she'd been feeling in her last few days. Suicide is never a spur of the moment decision and I feel dreadfully sad that such a beautiful woman has ended her life. The media are scumbags that have blood on their hands. Thoughts with her family and friends at this desperately sad time.

RIP Caroline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here