Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Caroline Flack

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What was she in court for?

Sounds like a very tragic story. I’d genuinely never heard of her, but I don’t watch the stuff she hosted. Very sad.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m not on it, at 38 the only social media I partake in is, well, here. It’s not surprising to read the above, God it’s awful. Turning to the Albion for a moment, it must be so difficult being a player these days - so many detailed critiques of one poor touch - I doubt I could even walk on the pitch tbh, not without being utterly crushed with anxiety.

Perhaps we should remember why it was quipped that - the pen is mightier than the sword. Never was a truer statement made re the potential power of good and evil from that which we say and write.

Me neither. Waste enough time on NSC!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ve read through this entire thread and genuinely can’t see any vile offensive posts?

Have some been deleted? Have their been any bans I’ve missed?

Maybe a misunderstanding.......I’d taken and agreed with [MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION]’s post to be re social media in general, not specific to NSC.....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What was she in court for?

Sounds like a very tragic story. I’d genuinely never heard of her, but I don’t watch the stuff she hosted. Very sad.

Domestic violence, she allegedly hit her boyfriend over the head with a lamp while he was sleeping. She supposedly had previous of this as her ex signed an NDA when they separated but he alluded to her behaviour and that domestic violence has no particular sex when this assault came to light.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Domestic violence, she allegedly hit her boyfriend over the head with a lamp while he was sleeping. She supposedly had previous of this as her ex signed an NDA when they separated but he alluded to her behaviour and that domestic violence has no particular sex when this assault came to light.

Interesting. I wonder if the genders were reversed whether an alleged male domestic abuser would be garnering the same praise as this woman seems to command.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Apparently yesterday people were posting their RIP's blaming the appalling media treatment and then turning their venom on David Walliams/Ant (of & Dec fame) all in 240 characters, without even a hint of irony.

Also Blue Tickers lecturing on being nice to people and resisting the urge to heap abuse only to have others remind them of what they’d Tweeted about Lawrence Fox etc a couple of weeks earlier.

And The Sun has had a busy evening, deleting all their less than flattering stories about Caroline Flack.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To fill this in a way, wilf posted a very good tweet last night, I will see if I can find it. That one

I don’t speak on these things publicly anymore because being abused on social media has somehow become the norm nowadays and I don’t see anyone actively trying to change it but seeing someone take their life because of it really shows how badly something needs to be done

RIP Caroline Flack��.. So sad how the world has become and the reality is people really don’t care how they make others feel anymore whether it’s real life or on the Internet until it’s too late ! Stop showing love and support when a persons gone ��

Now he takes horrendous abuse on social media, and yes, I have participated but never hoped he would die etc, but none of us know him personally( funnily enough GM posted once what a hell of a guy he was and a good friend) for us it is perceived that he is a diver on a football field. That is it.

Why does that mean to some people he should die, or have his legs broken, or a horrific a injury ends his career? All of stuff that is posted on social media.

Now the standard repost is that it is all “ bantz “ and everyone is fair game. The same can apply to all rivalry on social media and of course inside and out of stadiums. And this has been the “ right” of fans for ages.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
People like Piers Morgan and Katy Hopkins make a living out of abusing people online, although Hopkins did receive a Twitter ban temporarily.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
For years males on the receiving end of domestic violence were generally dismissed by the authorities, the law has since changed and the prosecution will still continue in some cases even if the victim chooses to drop the charges. It’s to stop men and women eventually ending up in a box which has happened on more than one occasion. As others had said if the said celebrity was male and known as a someone who abuses women would many be so sympathetic? Tragic all the same.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Probably the kind of spiteful comment that messed her mind up in the first place :tosser:

I reckon the ex-boyfriend coward who grassed her up over a domestic and got her sacked might be feeling a bit guilty at the moment :tosser:

RIP Caroline

What sort of a man cant defend himself from a slightly built 40 year old woman, and humiliatingly needs to get the police involved?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Noted this decent little insight into CF, in the Guardian’s coverage, from [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION]’s Amy:

“Contestants rarely left the villa with a bad word to say about her. Former contestant Amy Hart once revealed how Flack had squeezed her hand to subtly hint that all was not well with her relationship, and that she might want to stop talking so effusively about it.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What sort of a man cant defend himself from a slightly built 40 year old woman, and humiliatingly needs to get the police involved?

Thank you for being the perfect example of what I said earlier in this thread. Unbelievable that people still make comments like this, women can physically and emotionally abuse men. I reckon if men had the courage to come forward you’d be amazed how common it actually is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If it was me, I would have said' I think this relationship has run its course. Bye' No drama.

When you have medical treatment, the staff are obliged to ask how you came by your injuries. He didn't want to press charges, but the police/CPS are ordered by the government to get as many domestic violence convictions as possible as it looks good on their figures, so will go ahead with cases with or without the victim's consent.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
When you have medical treatment, the staff are obliged to ask how you came by your injuries. He didn't want to press charges, but the police/CPS are ordered by the government to get as many domestic violence convictions as possible as it looks good on their figures, so will go ahead with cases with or without the victim's consent.

Or they know that many domestic abuse victims, particularly men, won’t want to press charges in this situation for fear of being ridiculed or feeling like they should protect the woman. The CPS don’t just charge for the fun of it, it’s very difficult to get a charge, he also allegedly told the police when first interviewed that he was begging her not to kill him. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here