Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Caroline Flack

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Many will know her for sleeping with every rising male star in an attempt to cling on to fame. Very sad she was so lacking in self confidence.

Really ? I mean Really ? She has just killed herself. Have a look in the mirror. Pretty heartless and shameful comment that is. Lack of self confidence ? it is more likely depression and a mental health issue that needed help and now it is too late. It is comments like this that most likely pushed her over the edge

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It would.

The vast majority of NSC’ers are decent people who show respect, regardless of the deceased’s gender or anything else.

I beg to differ personally, You really think the outpouring of grief would be the same if this were a bloke who had been charged with beating a woman up?

Just to clarify, I’m not saying this in a disrespectful way, I just think this shows the issues that really get on my wick that society still treats sexes differently when it comes to this type of thing.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Whenever someone younger than me snuffs it, it makes me sad. There was also that poor hiker in NZ news earlier and that was awful too. Its worse when they close their own account though. She must have been lower than we can contemplate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope the Mods are keeping an eye on this thread. One or two snide comments about Caroline Flack, that should be the sole preserve of the tabloids comments sections. I thought we were better than that.

And one or two snide comments about the bloke she tonked with a lamp while he was sleeping, too. :shrug:

But I agree - when someone enters car crash territory the media should be instructed to back off - and that means not paying the person for interviews as well as not going down the time honoured route of long lenses, door stepping and going through the bins.

That said, if Caroline Flack was 'not fair game' why is Katie Hopkins still 'fair game'? What if the Hopkins overdoes the vodka one night and checks out?

Perhaps this is an unresolvable condundrum for those in certain parts of the media.

Anyway, all I know about Flack is the recent headlines so, I'm sorry, I won't be crying any crocodile tears.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I beg to differ personally, You really think the outpouring of grief would be the same if this were a bloke who had been charged with beating a woman up?

Just to clarify, I’m not saying this in a disrespectful way, I just think this shows the issues that really get on my wick that society still treats sexes differently when it comes to this type of thing.

A time and a place.

With someone literally only just passing, was it nice to raise a wider issue of yours now?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And one or two snide comments about the bloke she tonked with a lamp while he was sleeping, too. :shrug:

But I agree - when someone enters car crash territory the media should be instructed to back off - and that means not paying the person for interviews as well as not going down the time honoured route of long lenses, door stepping and going through the bins.

That said, if Caroline Flack was 'not fair game' why is Katie Hopkins still 'fair game'? What if the Hopkins overdoes the vodka one night and checks out?

Perhaps this is an unresolvable condundrum for those in certain parts of the media.

Anyway, all I know about Flack is the recent headlines so, I'm sorry, I won't be crying any crocodile tears.

No real or crocodile tears here, just sad when anyone feels such pain that they (allegedly) end their own life.

I don’t even watch Strictly or Love Island, so no bias.

As soon as the thread started, a bitchy comment or two appears, the Argus would be proud of them.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Humanity can be so cruel. Where is the compassion. The empathy for what her family are going though. This girl was obviously in such a bad place to take her own life and yet the snide comments on here are unreal.

Looks like she’s going to get trolled even in death

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There is a real issue where if someone is rich or famous people seem to think they are fair game for abuse like in some way one counters the other. I can’t even begin to imagine what it must be like reading some of the bile spouted in these people’s directions and these incidents just show how vulnerable people are no matter how rich or famous they may be

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No real or crocodile tears here, just sad when anyone feels such pain that they (allegedly) end their own life.

I don’t even watch Strictly or Love Island, so no bias.

As soon as the thread started, a bitchy comment or two appears, the Argus would be proud of them.

Agree.

Also I absolutely do not subscribe to the mantra 'they brought it on themselves'.

Someone I knew many years ago worked for a major broadcaster, and got caught posting a fake news report. He killed himself. I felt angry, mostly at him for his vanity (leaving a wife and kids - they had plenty of money and could have reinvented their life). But at the end of the day, what do I know? What do any of us know? Some people, like Gazza and Hopkins keep on keeping on, surfing their madness, arm in arm with the media. Others can't.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Humanity can be so cruel. Where is the compassion. The empathy for what her family are going though. This girl was obviously in such a bad place to take her own life and yet the snide comments on here are unreal.

Looks like she’s going to get trolled even in death

Couldn’t agree more. What is wrong with people that they have to be so cruel. Also, very disappointed with the comment from The Wizzard above. 1000’s of years of women being treated as second class, surely they are due an evening up?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Couldn’t agree more. What is wrong with people that they have to be so cruel. Also, very disappointed with the comment from The Wizzard above. 1000’s of years of women being treated as second class, surely they are due an evening up?

You’re disappointed with my comment? You’ve literally just said women should be allowed to even it up by clocking their boyfriends around the head whilst they sleep?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Wind up artist.

I’ve said nothing controversial? I’m not a low life I’m not going to troll people or make comments like that other plonker did about how she arose to fame when someone has just died, I just find people so hypocritical when it comes to this, she smashed a guy over the head whilst he slept? Sorry if me not liking that offends you.

No more anyway, RIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here