Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff swoon over Noone

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even if Noone put the whole package together this season, and found himself on the end of a £10m move to Spurs, this time next year.

I'd still feel Nooney leaving would be the right move, for The Albion, right here right now.

Plus I'd be bloody chuffed for the little fella.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As for the bigging up of Cardiff over Brighton, we all know how the game works don't we?
To be fair, he's right. They do have more chance of promotion than us, and Bellamy is a better striker than we have.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
To be fair, he's right. They do have more chance of promotion than us, and Bellamy is a better striker than we have.

We'll see about that, I think we have as good as a chance as them for sure with new signings. Dobbie and lopez are going to be quality + bruno, vicente, kuszczak, bridge, crofts and hammond in the centre now, cms playing out of his skin finally. A lot of our team has played at a seriously good level or been involved in promotion from this very same division, we've got every chance I think . Not to mention buckley, kll, orlandi very skillful players who can change a game.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Think the BBC must have been reading NSC-"New SINGING Noone".Don't think he gave them a song after the game!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I prefer CMS.
As a person, clearly, but Bellamy is proven at the top level.
We'll see about that, I think we have as good as a chance as them for sure with new signings.
Indeed we will, but right now the bookies fancy their chances more, and it's easy to understand why. They've challenged every year, finished above us last year and they've strengthened too.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Nice comment on their message board in a thread about fitting Bellamy back into their starting 11:-

"There is no way Noone could be dropped after yesterday's perfomance as he ran the Wolves defence ragged. He nearly scored but the keeper made a great save, was responsible for the penalty and he was the player fouled which led to Whittingham's fantastic free kick. Even the Wolves supporters rated him as having a dream debut (while at the same time slagging off their defence)."

Really pleased for a really nice guy - but I'm still happy that we now have more quality in that area than he offered and the move was right for him and the Albion.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Read this in the football league paper today sunday 2nd Sept, Head lines : High Nonne set for Premier in, having players like Craig Bellamy here means we are better equipped then Brighton to get promoted, i wish Brighton all the best but i am at Cardiff now, it,s a massive club.
lets see how many games he plays. Come on you Seagulls in Gus we Trust.
Why is there this perception from certain people that Cardiff is a massive club? They're a very similar size to us (and several other provincial clubs) and we're not massive.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
We had him long enough to know the pros and cons of Nooney - entertaining player to watch, will take the ball forward well, but simply doesn't get enough goals & assists as he has a very poor end product.

Reminds me of Ronaldo in his earlier days. He's not doing too badly now...

Love this comment:

Noon looking impressive lots of pace some good breaks unlucky not score on 2 occasions

Synonymous with Noone.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Trouble is, he's an excitable daft boy. You can maybe train a hoofing defender to not hoof if you have the time and patience, but Cardiff will only have seen the positive aspects of Nooney's attacking game. Which are brilliant to watch for sure. But the elephant in the room is End Product. He's not got that, tho he seems to have belatedly discovered the art of the inswinging corner.. To sum up: Flatters to deceive. Honeymoon period will be over sooner rather than later.

Agree re the end product thing but he always causes panic in opposition defences which creates chances and space for other players. Also Cardiff will have watched him loads and will be well aware of his good and bad points. We have better wingers if they stay fit and that is the key point.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Noone wouldn't get in to our starting eleven with the squad we now have at our disposal - FACT

Good luck to him at Cardiff but to be honest he no longer plays for the stripes so I don't care how he performs at Cardiff.

I understand your point but football needs plenty more Craig Noones rather than the self obsessed greed merchants that populate the sport so I hope he does very well for Cardiff despite them being a competitor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here