Cardiff swoon over Noone

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sounds like a strong debut for the boy. Genuinely pleased for him and hope he does well. Apart from against us. Obviously. Not sure the Cardiff fans will be be quite so happy half a dozen games in when they realise he never looks up and should never be allowed to shoot. :lol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
But he's shit according to some idiots on here.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Fair play to 'em, they've not had a player of that type for a while (and were sorely lacking one last season). Whatever you say about his end product, he IS pacy, he IS tricky and he will put teams on the back-foot - thankfully we have two other natural wingers who also do that.

Are we not allowed to just say farewell, good luck to the lad, and move on?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We are spoilt for wingers - but there are not that many proper wingers like Noone around. And people who think that every time he gets the ball he should be scoring or planting it on the centre-forwards head need a reality check.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But he's shit according to some idiots on here.
At work, post signing, I found myself saying, the usual negative stuff about his game.
Then feeling it just didn't sound or feel right.

So ended each conversation with, words to the effect of:-
'but if he gets everything right with consistency, he's an absolute steal @ £1m+.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just hope our wingers stay fit then.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Never should of let him go at least not to Cardiff, if we have ambitions of promotion/playoffs

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And people who think that every time he gets the ball he should be scoring or planting it on the centre-forwards head need a reality check.
The problem was it never happened.
Yes he started this season well.

But far far to often from Oct onwards, last season it just didn't happen.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
We are spoilt for wingers - but there are not that many proper wingers like Noone around. And people who think that every time he gets the ball he should be scoring or planting it on the centre-forwards head need a reality check.

Why not? thats what wingers are for. Everytime may be a bit of exageration but his rate of service and positioning were very poor.

I wish him luck, if cardiff love our 4th choice winger it makes the season even more exciting imo.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At work, post signing, I found myself saying, the usual negative stuff about his game.
Then feeling it just didn't sound or feel right.

So ended each conversation with, words to the effect of:-
'but if he gets everything right with consistency, he's an absolute steal @ £1m+.

Trouble is, he's an excitable daft boy. You can maybe train a hoofing defender to not hoof if you have the time and patience, but Cardiff will only have seen the positive aspects of Nooney's attacking game. Which are brilliant to watch for sure. But the elephant in the room is End Product. He's not got that, tho he seems to have belatedly discovered the art of the inswinging corner.. To sum up: Flatters to deceive. Honeymoon period will be over sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Good for him.

We got a good return on him, we have lots's of players who can play in his postion and the money we got enabled us to make our squad stronger.

Have no problem with him moving, not integral to what we do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just hope our wingers stay fit then.
Our options in that department have gone through the roof.
It's no longer just KLL and WB.
Unless Noone had improved considerably from last season he would be a long way from the starting line-up now.

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
But isn't that his job?? He didn't do it enough!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Trouble is, he's an excitable daft boy. You can maybe train a hoofing defender to not hoof if you have the time and patience, but Cardiff will only have seen the positive aspects of Nooney's game. Whyich are brilliant to watch for sure. But the elephant in the room is End Product. He's not got that.
But it's not completely out of his remit.
He can do it, and at the moment it was so few and far between.

There's no reason it won't one day all click into place.

We just don't have to wait for that day to come.
I'll follow his career with interest and will happily clap him upon his return to Sussex.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The problem was it never happened.
Yes he started this season well.

But far far to often from Oct onwards, last season it just didn't happen.

Well I disagree.

Some poster was saying Noone never has an end product - then when one was pointed out it was - yea apart from that one. He is learning his trade, he has stepped up from non-League to League Two - to League One, and now to the top end of the Championship. Each time meeting the challenge.

You make the point about October onwards - well he did not have a target man to aim at, and a lot of the movement of CMS was poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports