Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff swoon over Noone

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We had him long enough to know the pros and cons of Nooney - entertaining player to watch, will take the ball forward well, but simply doesn't get enough goals & assists as he has a very poor end product.

you azre right

just the two aassists today

:lol:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Trouble is, he's an excitable daft boy. You can maybe train a hoofing defender to not hoof if you have the time and patience, but Cardiff will only have seen the positive aspects of Nooney's attacking game. Which are brilliant to watch for sure. But the elephant in the room is End Product. He's not got that, tho he seems to have belatedly discovered the art of the inswinging corner.. To sum up: Flatters to deceive. Honeymoon period will be over sooner rather than later.

Or they will play to his strengths and give him someone to aim the ball at.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I'm glad the lad had such a good debut. I wish him all the very best (except against us) I just can't find a bad word about him, other than his end product not being there still. I do think his cheeky banter will be missed in the dressing room. Good luck nooney.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Noone wouldn't get in to our starting eleven with the squad we now have at our disposal - FACT

Good luck to him at Cardiff but to be honest he no longer plays for the stripes so I don't care how he performs at Cardiff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I disagree.

Some poster was saying Noone never has an end product - then when one was pointed out it was - yea apart from that one. He is learning his trade, he has stepped up from non-League to League Two - to League One, and now to the top end of the Championship. Each time meeting the challenge.

You make the point about October onwards - well he did not have a target man to aim at, and a lot of the movement of CMS was poor.
Fair do's.
I agree he's definitely a work in progress.

His first team appearances for '12 doesn't bear out your claim.

CMS' movement wasn't so clueless that he we roaming around the WSU, or the upper reaches of the South Stand.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Well I disagree.

Some poster was saying Noone never has an end product - then when one was pointed out it was - yea apart from that one. He is learning his trade, he has stepped up from non-League to League Two - to League One, and now to the top end of the Championship. Each time meeting the challenge.

You make the point about October onwards - well he did not have a target man to aim at, and a lot of the movement of CMS was poor.

He does have an end product just not often enough.

When he is on his game he's brilliant you just dont see it enough. Our squad is more balanced now with the new signings and his exit.

Hope he does well at Cardiff just not against us!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm glad the lad had such a good debut. I wish him all the very best (except against us) I just can't find a bad word about him, other than his end product not being there still. I do think his cheeky banter will be missed in the dressing room. Good luck nooney.
Half the dressing room can't understand what he's saying...

...and the other half are Spanish.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Or they will play to his strengths and give him someone to aim the ball at.

The problem was his positioning was pretty poor. He would more often run into defenders rather than space to pass it to CMS etc. Occaisionally that will reap chances in the form of free kicks, penalties etc, but not as many chances in a match as a player that could run the line, find space and cross the ball in. He is imo a lot like the Palace wonderkid so prob worth 12 million.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He is an exciting player and I was sad to see him go. I think he can add more of an end product to his game and I expect him to have improved this in a couple of years. I think he will do well at Cardiff.

And good luck to him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Noone wouldn't get in to our starting eleven with the squad we now have at our disposal - FACT

Good luck to him at Cardiff but to be honest he no longer plays for the stripes so I don't care how he performs at Cardiff.

It's not FACT

He would certainly have started ahead of LuaLua yesterday and would have been contesting a starting place with Kaz and Buckley and possibly Orlandi against Sheffield Wednesday.

Silly to say he wouldn't. As he showed today, he is a class act winning free kicks and penalties if allowed to run at the defence. Cardiff will give him much more freedom than we did so expect him to shine. Of course he is inconsistent and his form will dip but he isn't a bad player just because he left us and may actually be a better one when not required to fit into a system that doesn't always suit him

I agree we now have (potentially) better to suit our system of play but I will watch Nooney's progress wherever he goes and hope he does well. It's a compliment to the club when our exports do well :thumbsup:

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Absolutely was a great professional for us and seems like he settled well:

Cardiff's fans have grown accustomed to Whittingham's classy left-foot, but they were treated to a mouth-watering introduction from new singing Noone.

The winger, who joined from Brighton and Hove Albion on Thursday, was a constant menace with his pace and trickery.

Such was his impact on the left wing, Cardiff hardly felt the absence of Craig Bellmay through injury.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Never should of let him go at least not to Cardiff, if we have ambitions of promotion/playoffs

His head was turned back in January, reading his Cardiff interview. It seems he wanted to go then.

Very similar when Norwich came in for Bennett in that January window, was never really going to stay at Brighton after that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not FACT

He would certainly have started ahead of LuaLua yesterday and would have been contesting a starting place with Kaz and Buckley and possibly Orlandi against Sheffield Wednesday.

Silly to say he wouldn't. As he showed today, he is a class act winning free kicks and penalties if allowed to run at the defence. Cardiff will give him much more freedom than we did so expect him to shine. Of course he is inconsistent and his form will dip but he isn't a bad player just because he left us and may actually be a better one when not required to fit into a system that doesn't always suit him
It might not be a FACT.

But Noone was already struggling for first team action, before we brought every Spanish speaking winger, possible.
Had KLL & WB not been sick notes, last season, Noone would have been out of the starting line up long before January.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
It might not be a FACT.

But Noone was already struggling for first team action, before we brought every Spanish speaking winger, possible.
Had KLL & WB not been sick notes, last season, Noone would have been out of the starting line up long before January.

But started this season in the starting eleven on merit and in exceptional form............................

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Not fact.....and personally I tend to keep an eye on most ex Brighton players games..maybe it's just me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here