Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff swoon over Noone

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that the Orlandi and Lopez you haven't seen play yet, and are claiming are better than Noone?
Noone is not as good as the players we already have.
Plus he doesn't have the credentials of the players arriving.

I don't for one minute believe either Orlandi and Lopez will be a step down, and I'm very excited to see Lopez in action.

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think it's reasonable to assume that Lopez who has played 200 odd games in La Liga might be a little bit better than Craig Noone (no offence to Noone).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Never should of let him go at least not to Cardiff, if we have ambitions of promotion/playoffs
That's completely wrong. We've used the transfer fee well and our squad is a decent size already, we can't just keep everyone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He is a young lad learning his trade.

He's not so young at 24. His replacement Orlandi also got an assist in a 3-1 win, but ours was at Turf Moor which is always a difficult place to get anything.
I loved Nooney to bits whilst he was here but look forward to the players that Gus has brought in as I'm sure they're better quality.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He's not so young at 24. His replacement Orlandi also got an assist in a 3-1 win, but ours was at Turf Moor which is always a difficult place to get anything.
I loved Nooney to bits whilst he was here but look forward to the players that Gus has brought in as I'm sure they're better quality.

Young in terms of being a professional - and not experienced at this level.

And I don't disagree with you. Players move on - and it is great business by the Club to get Noone for the money we spent, and get the money we received.

am the one

May 29, 2011
Worthing West Sussex
Read this in the football league paper today sunday 2nd Sept, Head lines : High Nonne set for Premier in, having players like Craig Bellamy here means we are better equipped then Brighton to get promoted, i wish Brighton all the best but i am at Cardiff now, it,s a massive club.
lets see how many games he plays. Come on you Seagulls in Gus we Trust.

Agree with that. Nooney is best when he has freedom just to run (mostly head down :lol) without needing to worry about the end result too much. If we'd had a big target man some of his crosses would have found a target by the law of averages but not by reason of accuracy. That isn't where he can win you games and nor is his shooting unless the ball hits someone and diverts in!

Wolves got caught out today by his cross field running which is his absolute strength but most sides will see him and either force him out wide or take him out early so he doesn't win free kicks in such dangerous positions.

Only if he was over 7 foot tall.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Young in terms of being a professional - and not experienced at this level.

And I don't disagree with you. Players move on - and it is great business by the Club to get Noone for the money we spent, and get the money we received.

We bought him from Plymouth who had only just got relegated from the Championship so he had played at this level with them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Noone is not as good as the players we already have.
Plus he doesn't have the credentials of the players arriving.

I don't for one minute believe either Orlandi and Lopez will be a step down, and I'm very excited to see Lopez in action.

of our signings Lopez is the one I most want to watch

I have a feeling that he could be for midfield what Bruno is for our defence..................... bloody good and seriously exciting!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
KLL (more impact), Buckley (more skill and goals), Lopez (who knows), Orlandi (at least as good) - Noone is a cracking little player and a great bloke, but he would not rank ahead of that lot. He's moved on - we move on. See you in the Prem Nooney!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
KLL (more impact), Buckley (more skill and goals), Lopez (who knows), Orlandi (at least as good) - Noone is a cracking little player and a great bloke, but he would not rank ahead of that lot. He's moved on - we move on. See you in the Prem Nooney!

Sums it up,neatly !

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
We had him long enough to know the pros and cons of Nooney - entertaining player to watch, will take the ball forward well, but simply doesn't get enough goals & assists as he has a very poor end product.

This is the reality of it, we've done extremely good business getting that much money for him + bringing in the players we have. Great job from TB and GP

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

My thoughts exactly.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Read this in the football league paper today sunday 2nd Sept, Head lines : High Nonne set for Premier in, having players like Craig Bellamy here means we are better equipped then Brighton to get promoted, i wish Brighton all the best but i am at Cardiff now, it,s a massive club.
lets see how many games he plays. Come on you Seagulls in Gus we Trust.

Bellamy or Vicente hmmmm

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Nooney has gone and , whilst he was entertaining on and off the field, he frankly didn't achieve much 'on' . As many have said, he indulged himself in numerous mazy runs with shots blasted roughly towards the opposition goal but which sadly ended up nowhere. So perhaps a good bit of business for the Albion ?

Unfortunately, that is pretty much, it has to be said KLL with perhaps an even greater reluctance to pass to another Albion player !

PS - just put on my flack suit but fact is fact !

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I dont care if Noone scores five and gets ten assists (which he wont). Over £1.5m is an incredible amount of money for the player we know that Noone is. Highly inconsistent and much more show than substance. We have mugged Cardiff 100% and those funds will all go toward the transformation of our side to real upper championship and premier class quality.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I liked Noone, but he isn't as consitantly good as Buckley or Lua Lua... I know some will say they are sick notes but especially in the case of Buckley he is a much bigger goal threat.

Noone was ok against Hull although should have been sent off, better against Cardiff and played very well against Barnsley. He will be missed to some degree but for the money offered its a great bit of business for us.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good player, but the money we got for him is more useful, given that we already have several players that can play in his position. I'm glad the Cardiff fans have taken to him, he's a great and funny character and I wish him all the best (except when he plays against us).

As for the bigging up of Cardiff over Brighton, we all know how the game works don't we?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here