Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....almost a sell out!!

thought new away allocation was around 2600?

The maximum away allocation for a league game is aprox 3300 and this includes the most southerly 2 blocks in the ESL, the SE corners and the eastern 2 blocks in the south stand, minus the few rows each side used to segregate.

Cardiff have only been selling tickets in the SE corner (reportedly sold out) and the ESL. They did not need any of the south stand tickets.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
thought new away allocation was around 2600?

The maximum allocation for League games is 3,300 (ESL , SEC & SS) The maximum allocation for Cup games is 4,500 with the away following taking the whole of the SS.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Still don't understand why they would sell corners ahead of right behind the goal. Surely we want that full of nutters cheering on the team?

Last edited:

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Not trying to sound picky or pompus, but I think it's about 2000-2050. I know the SE corner is 835 and then I think the 2 blocks in the ESL hold about 1200.

be as picky ans pompus as you want ??? 23,000ish tonight then ?

Oh! I thought it was 10% League and 15% cup??

The 3300 will be about 10% of our future capacity. The 15% for the cup is correct, but the football league say for league games it is either 10% or 2000. We have opted for 10%, but we could have just given 2000 to everyone.

In the premiership you never see 7500 away fans at Old Trafford. For the Man City game last year there were 2500 Blues.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I thought i read somewhere that Cardiff only took the 5% option for their allocation rather than 10% as some seem to be suggesting earlier. (I haven't read the whole thread so this may already have been covered earlier)

I would therefore assume that the other 5% has already been on sale or allocated to another use (or friends & family of staff?) rather than being held back to be sold later if needed and therefore there shouldn't be a big empty block of seats as a result.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
More....

28000 is the capacity.
1500 ST No shows
1000 Empty in the away end
1500 not sold in South.

No chance of my ticket being sold on the exchange then. I reckon that might be the case for all but the biggest of games.
It was worth a shot but I will use the exchange on here from now on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The 3300 will be about 10% of our future capacity. The 15% for the cup is correct, but the football league say for league games it is either 10% or 2000. We have opted for 10%, but we could have just given 2000 to everyone.

In the premiership you never see 7500 away fans at Old Trafford. For the Man City game last year there were 2500 Blues.

Didn't Palace take 5,000 fans last season to Old Trafford or did that figure include 3,000 Manure plastics ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No chance of my ticket being sold on the exchange then. I reckon that might be the case for all but the biggest of games.
It was worth a shot but I will use the exchange on here from now on.

Have you sent worthingseagull a PM ? , he is looking for a ticket.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I haven't but it has been returned on the official ticket exchange so I don't think there is anything I can do at this late stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here