Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....almost a sell out!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Er they're not slow, for a midweek game in the peek holiday month of the year to just sell out on matchday indicates perfect pricing.

Indeed. Obviously we all want to personally save cash, but from the club's point of view, if all tickets were snapped up in minutes of going on sale, it would indicate that they'd got the pricing WRONG!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Er they're not slow, for a midweek game in the peek holiday month of the year to just sell out on matchday indicates perfect pricing.

Short memories...anyone care to calculate the actual cost & time cost of going to 40 or so or our home games at Gillingham. I'd swop all 40 if I could have handed over a fifty pound note at The Amex for each game

But someone above said their mate who works in ticket office said it's nowhere near selling out? There could well be a few blocks that haven't even been released on general sale yet..

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Uh oh. I was planning on getting the train from London road today (17:45 or 17:55) as I now work at Preston Park. Will they not let me on?

There is no 'they' at London Road, it's not staffed in the afternoons and evenings. I usually catch the train from there... i think Hotchilidog was trying to say that midweek trains, which tend to be smaller before the game than after the game, are pretty ram-a-jammed when they pull in London Road station, whereas for Saturday games there's more space. However this only really applies to the later busier services, from 6.45 onwards. i reckon you'll be okay on the 5.45 or the 5.55 - you'll probably even get a seat!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There is no 'they' at London Road, it's not staffed in the afternoons and evenings. I usually catch the train from there... i think Hotchilidog was trying to say that midweek trains, which tend to be smaller before the game than after the game, are pretty ram-a-jammed when they pull in London Road station, whereas for Saturday games there's more space. However this only really applies to the later busier services, from 6.45 onwards. i reckon you'll be okay on the 5.45 or the 5.55 - you'll probably even get a seat!
Thanks Les I was worried for a minute there. Don't mind rammed so long as I can get on the train :)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Uh oh. I was planning on getting the train from London road today (17:45 or 17:55) as I now work at Preston Park. Will they not let me on?

I may have over-egged that. At the times you mention getting on at London Road it should be fine. Closer to the game it is a nightmare trying to get on at LR for midweek games as the trains tend to be of a shorter formation, I have this problem when I have to nip home first before heading to the Amex on a tuesday. If anyone fancies a pre-match pint at the Open House or Signalman I would suggest they are done by around 6.30 as it is hit and miss whether you can get on at London Road.

On saturdays however with the longer trains this is not such an issue.

You really have to take your hat off to the club. We have just 26 tickets left to sell, and we have already sold a load more than would have on other occasions been snapped up by VIPs, players wives etc.

Despite talk about prices for away fans, the first game is an evening one in peak holiday season and Cardiff are our opposition, who, if reports are to be believed will be bringing up to 30% more supporters than they did last term.

ESU - 2
WSL - 1
South - 23

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I may have over-egged that. At the times you mention getting on at London Road it should be fine. Closer to the game it is a nightmare trying to get on at LR for midweek games as the trains tend to be of a shorter formation, I have this problem when I have to nip home first before heading to the Amex on a tuesday. If anyone fancies a pre-match pint at the Open House or Signalman I would suggest they are done by around 6.30 as it is hit and miss whether you can get on at London Road.

On saturdays however with the longer trains this is not such an issue.

my thoughts entirely! i have to say though... i have never actually failed to get on a train at London Road. It's been a struggle, but i've always managed to squeeze in. the open house works well for a pre matcher, by the way, as it's roughly 10 metres from the door to the platform and then 6 mins to Falmer... so next to none of that valuable drinking time is lost en route!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
my ticket season ticket in Northstand is £18 a game including £4 bus jouney ...Bargain !! stop moaning everyone

I am not aiming this at you, but all those paying this sort of money per game with you ST. How long before it goes up to £23 or £26 per game. If some are willing to pay BHAFC £39 for a ticket, surely not long. But that's ok, stop moaning everyone and carry on.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
I am not aiming this at you, but all those paying this sort of money per game with you ST. How long before it goes up to £23 or £26 per game. If some are willing to pay BHAFC £39 for a ticket, surely not long. But that's ok, stop moaning everyone and carry on.

it is a worry...half empty amex wont quite be the same

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I know we have dedicated area for this and I have posted there but on the offchance people are reading this but not bothered posting there as they think its too late - Im looking for a ticket to tonights game

anyone got a spare ???

I know we have dedicated area for this and I have posted there but on the offchance people are reading this but not bothered posting there as they think its too late - Im looking for a ticket to tonights game

anyone got a spare ???

You can buy one online or over the phone and pick up tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here