Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....almost a sell out!!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
At the current rate the seats were dissapearing, they could have shifted a couple of hundred more tickets.

Instead, there will now be dissapointed fans and empty seats behind the goal. I have been defending the club an awful lot of late, but this is just insane.

Can anyone who Twitter's ask them why they are doing this?

Still over 5 hours to go before kick off.

Surely more seats can be released - or are they really ALL sold out.

I guess we'll find out tonight.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
At the current rate the seats were dissapearing, they could have shifted a couple of hundred more tickets.

Instead, there will now be dissapointed fans and empty seats behind the goal. I have been defending the club an awful lot of late, but this is just insane.

To be honest I do not think there will be many disappointed fans for this one. it was really easy getting a ticket for this game, and this crowd will be significantly higher than any we have had in two decades so i think anyone who wants to be there tonight will be. I am just delighted that the final on sale south stand block finally went. I would estimate a 23,500-24,000 crowd tonight and that should make the game a tremendous occasion. I can't wait, I just hope they fix the signalling at Haywards heath!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Don't agree. Those who failed to pay are partly responsible - those that designed a system which incorporated NO ticket checks are also at fault and cannot be absolved of responsibility. Is this why Ken Brown got the bullet I wonder?

Why not have a go at the buses and trains? THEY were the ones NOT checking for vouchers, not the club.

Jesus, some people just want to have a pop at the club just for the sake of it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why not have a go at the buses and trains? THEY were the ones NOT checking for vouchers, not the club.

That's sort of my point as well. There was a lot of blame to go round, it's unfair to say it's 100percent the fault of fans who didn't buy vouchers, when the system was flawed from top to bottom and not fit for purpose.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The bus and train companies didn't give a toss about checking vouchers because they knew they were still getting paid by the club. The blame is entirely down to those fans ripping the club off thinking they were getting a freebie but in fact cost the club £1M.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sell out = brilliant news! :):clap2::thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's not flawed at all, as long as the buses and trains do as they are supposed to do, which as seagullsovergrimsby points out, they can't be bothered.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

What planet you on, tickets sold out about an hour ago,people had plenty time to buy tickets, it will be fantastic night with all the extra seats, its been over a season now before you could roll up on the night and buy a ticket.

I guess someone has to flip a switch to make the 'exchange' tickets go live.

I certainly can't see any tickets in the North stand.

I doubt if many would have made their ticket available on the exchange, as it would have been deemed pointless when there are 1500 empties still to sell behind the goal.

What planet you on, tickets sold out about an hour ago,people had plenty time to buy tickets, it will be fantastic night with all the extra seats, its been over a season now before you could roll up on the night and buy a ticket.

Look, I am not saying that if you wanted a ticket you don't already have one, but this forum has been full of rants about how greedy the club has become.

Between 1100 and 1400 tickets were selling at the rate of about 30 per hour. There was the potential for another 5 hours of sales at that rate. My point had nothing to do with people having had enough time to buy tickets. My point is the club are saying there is no space when there is loads.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The bus and train companies didn't give a toss about checking vouchers because they knew they were still getting paid by the club. The blame is entirely down to those fans ripping the club off thinking they were getting a freebie but in fact cost the club £1M.

But who put the system in place and didn't foresee any potential problems or initiate a strategy to deal with them?

Yes, those that didn't buy vouchers have a large share of the blame, but we don't live in utopia and the problem wasn't identified or resolved by anyone. There is blame here that goes beyond the supporters and personnally I feel the transport policy didn't work as anticipated and was indeed fatally flawed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's not flawed at all, as long as the buses and trains do as they are supposed to do, which as seagullsovergrimsby points out, they can't be bothered.

This season the club has sent out the details for the bus and train operators to pass on to their employees. Fans need to show their smartcards , paper match tickets or purchase confirmation when requested.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
4 tickets left on the stadium plan!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
:dunce::dunce:Maybe not lol, loads in S1H available now.

Ahhh was accidentally looking at the Barsnley match

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here