Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....almost a sell out!!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Ok, point was poorly made. What I mean is that most games I'll drive and park, or will walk, so the voucher is of no benefit. Even last season when vouchers were additional, there was no need for them as checks were never performed.

If people want to get the train, make them pay for it. Don't make it a sweeping inclusion for all, whereby everyone pays for the train, even if they are walking, cycling, or driving to the game.

It should make some difference in that the few people who do drive, will park nearer and easier as more people will use the Free park and rides and the short bus journey in, or jump on a train or bus.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't remember, but wasn't subsidised travel (whether voucher or inclusive on the s/t) part of the planning permission?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
NOBODY is moaning at the price of a ST.

They are very well priced.

It's the match by match tickets that are expensive.

Exactly. I think everyone is happy with ST prices, the club should be praised for getting those prices just about SPOT ON. I do think they are WELL out in terms of match by match tickets and away fan prices. If the south stand (tickets behind the goal are normally cheaper) were £20 I reckon that whole stand would sell out every single game to the casual fans.

It is rather depressing to see away fans already laying into our away ticket prices on their forums (See Cardiff & Barnsley) and I do not blame them one single bit.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
So let me get this straight: because nobody asked you for a voucher, you think that made it acceptable not to get one?

If you walked out of Tesco with a bottle of wine and nobody spotted you or asked you to pay for it, would that make it ok to keep on walking?

I know our rail companies are largely rubbish, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable to travel without tickets just because there happens to be no barrier or inspector on scene.

Hundreds do it on match day...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is rather depressing to see away fans already laying into our away ticket prices on their forums (See Cardiff & Barnsley) and I do not blame them one single bit.

I agree, but Barnsley, who charged us £2 MORE, last year, for the delights of Oakwell, want to stop and have a little think.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I agree, but Barnsley, who charged us £2 MORE, last year, for the delights of Oakwell, want to stop and have a little think.

Fair point but I have given up away games for this very reason. I am just going to choose 3 games or so to go to this season. If the games were all £20 I would probably do as many as possible. My working week has been cut from a 5 to a 4 day week so I have a 5th less salary this year :(

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
£20 behind the goal for some games is a great idea,,,it will sell out every week and people will have enough money to even but a pie or 2

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Im in the south tonight with the misses and it was only £58 for the pair of us, dont think thats too bad at all! but the £38 per ticket for the esu is way too much.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The trains are going to be RIDICULOUSLY rammed with this plus the extra seats.

I suspect they are. I've found that getting on at Brighton is not too bad though (getting on at London Road for a midweek game is a total non-starter), the queuing system is pretty well stewarded, even if you miss a train you should be able to get on the next one, which normally means a wait of around 20minutes.

What is required, particularly for midweek games, is patience and plenty of it. For all the scare stories last year the transport links worked reasonably well, I suspect this season will prove the same.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Im in the south tonight with the misses and it was only £58 for the pair of us, dont think thats too bad at all! but the £38 per ticket for the esu is way too much.

But as already mentioned, cheaper tickets are/were avalible.

I paid £25 to see PIL this week, But 20/20 ticket is £12-25 dependent on when you buy it. Took Sky sports out to watch Swindon game £22.50 for the month, its all relative to market and what you are earning willing to spend on enterianment.

Many have said its too much and probbaly find cheaper/free things to do. Seagulls ladies was free at the Withdean, free parking next to the ground and unfourtunalty did'nt sell out!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Barnsley set the ticket price on the basis that we would be vying for a play off position and take 7,000. Sort of backfired on them :lol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I suspect they are. I've found that getting on at Brighton is not too bad though (getting on at London Road for a midweek game is a total non-starter), the queuing system is pretty well stewarded, even if you miss a train you should be able to get on the next one, which normally means a wait of around 20minutes.

What is required, particularly for midweek games, is patience and plenty of it. For all the scare stories last year the transport links worked reasonably well, I suspect this season will prove the same.
Uh oh. I was planning on getting the train from London road today (17:45 or 17:55) as I now work at Preston Park. Will they not let me on?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
The chap who just came on and moaned about the price of the ESU ticket, curiously still purchased it, when he could have got much cheaper seats in WSL or South.

That's not fair, especially since I wrote just before you:

I didn't mean it to come across as a complaint (I paid so how can I complain), only that I can see why the tickets are not being snapped up. Let's just say I clicked "checkout" begrudgingly, and as a consequence, I will enjoy the view even more!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
yxee; said:
picked up one of the last seats in the ESU... for £39 incl. booking fee I can see why they are so slow to sell out!

Er they're not slow, for a midweek game in the peek holiday month of the year to just sell out on matchday indicates perfect pricing.

Short memories...anyone care to calculate the actual cost & time cost of going to 40 or so or our home games at Gillingham. I'd swop all 40 if I could have handed over a fifty pound note at The Amex for each game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here