Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can you remember your first Albion game?

ikari2001

May 17, 2011
Brighton
1-0 home win against Gillingham 2006 - looking it up there was a young Andrew Crofts on the pitch! The fantastic songs stuck in my head like "The wheels on your house go round and round" lol.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Nov/Dec 1965 - against Bedford Town FA Cup 2nd round at the Goldstone. The crowd was 16,000+ and the match ended in a draw, 1-1? 2-2? Anyway we lost the replay 2-1.

Stood at the front of the East terrace (south end) or Chicken Run as it was called in those days.

It was amazing that the Albion had quite good crowds during the mid/late sixties as the football on offer was very average. We always ended each season mid to lower position in the old Div.3

Bring on the 1970s, now that's when it really happened!
Still got the programme of that match....the only time I sat in the directors box...A Bedford director stopped and asked me directions to the Goldstone...said I was going there so he gave me a lift there and took me in for hospitality meal.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Can anyone remember the goal at the goldstone when our player hid behind the keeper then sneaked in front of him and scored? I was right behind the goal in that game and want to try and find a video of the goal, probably around 94-97 can't remember the player who scored or what match it was

Might have been Robert Codner. Very vague memory of that

The Badger

Mar 24, 2013
I think it was someone like Stockport about 94, they wore a grey kit! I was a late starter I was about 16.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Can anyone remember the goal at the goldstone when our player hid behind the keeper then sneaked in front of him and scored? I was right behind the goal in that game and want to try and find a video of the goal, probably around 94-97 can't remember the player who scored or what match it was

George Parris!

C

CT1

Mine was the play off final in 2004 when I was eight years old

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
08.10.1977 Brighton 1-2 Bolton

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Sometime after Christmas 1965 and before the World Cup in 1966. Can't remember the team or the score.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Was that the game that a majorly over age ball boy got sacked for heading the ball into the crowd rather than catching it and giving it back to City for a throw in?

????? Curle?

No, the game you are thinking about was in the late 1980s.

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
Mine was a friendly against arsenal. We lost 7-2, after leading 2-1. 1988 I think. Got me hooked that day. First proper game was 1-0 home v York city. 1988/89 season.

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
Was that the game that a majorly over age ball boy got sacked for heading the ball into the crowd rather than catching it and giving it back to City for a throw in?

????? Curle?

to be fair I was 8 years old .........all I remembered was we won 4-1 and I was hooked..........loved it.........oh and was in desperate need of a towelling bukta hoodie lol

Jimmy Grimble

Far too young to remember. But I can recall the first away game I went to without adult supervision. Orient away about 7 years ago. I think we drew 1-1. Either under Mcghee or Wilkins.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
We live in Bath so I don't get to many matches nowadays but my 12 year old son is going to his first Albion game at the Amex on Tuesday night; he's so excited!
Reminds me of how I felt before my first ever Albion game.
November 1974 v Aldershot, won 1-0, Fred Binney (I think) scored, very misty afternoon. Awful game, but it didn't put me off. :smile:

i can't remember last week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here