Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can you remember your first Albion game?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well there you go, not the worst start to my spectating career. Have you got any more details? Did Andy Ritchie score for us?

Neil McNab penalty. Keegan scored for them.

D

Deleted User X18H

Peter Grummitts testimonial I think. Though if the 7-2 thrashing of York City was a early September evening that might be a contender. First proper one with mates in the north stand 1-1 at home to Ipswich Aug 1982.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Peter Grummitts testimonial I think. Though if the 7-2 thrashing of York City was a early September evening that might be a contender. First proper one with mates in the north stand 1-1 at home to Ipswich Aug 1982.

I'll upload the highlights of that Ipswich game sometime if ya like....

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Reading 0-0 Brighton in the Championship winning team under Peter Taylor. Gary Hart scored a goal right at the end which was wrongly disallowed, still won the league anyway!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
1997.... we beat wigan 1-0 at home. Dad took me to the Goldstone because he's a life long supporter and it would have been one of the last home games before the ground was demolish. I was about 12 at the time and have been hooked ever since... Gillingham, Withdean, Amex......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure if it was 75 or 76 but I certainly remember the game and the score. Albion 2 Palace 0

A crowd of around 33000

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1997.... we beat wigan 1-0 at home. Dad took me to the Goldstone because he's a life long supporter and it would have been one of the last home games before the ground was demolish. I was about 12 at the time and have been hooked ever since... Gillingham, Withdean, Amex......

Wigan were runaway leaders I seem to remember, didn't expect anything from that game, but the spirit in the home games on that run in was immense.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
My first game was against notts county in 1991 we lost 3-1!!

My highlight was shouting watch ya dessy to des lynam

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
First game was a friendly vs Wolves in 1975. Can't remember the score.

First league game 3-0 win vs Rotherham 1975, opening day of the season.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
1981 v southampton...... I think. 1-1 with a neil mcnab penalty. Sat behind the goal in the south stand after my dad had managed to grab a couple of tickets outside from a tout. I was young and small so my dad thought it would be better if i saw the game rather than looking at someones backside!!!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
September 1977. My cousin took me to the Goldstone, stood in the terracing below the West Stand. Hull went one up, then Wardy equalised, My cousin said something like 'that won't happen again', or something similar - but we scored again almost immediately if I remember right - think it was Wardy again. Where can you find out scorers in games that long ago now on the internet?

What amazes me looking back is that I was 11 at the time and only allowed to go with my 20 year old cousin. But by the end of the season, I was just going with a few schoolmates. I simply can't imagine parents now letting a few 12 year olds go to a 33,000 crowd match such as the final game against Blackpool on their own.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Coventry around 78 I think. Don't remember anything about the game but I think we lost 3-1...earliest game I can remember was when we beat man city 4-0 in 1980

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Mansfield first league game at Withdean I think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here