Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can you remember your first Albion game?

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
i can't remember last week

Exactly, how are people remembering? I'm only 32 and I presume my step-dad took me sometime late 80's early 90's, Don't even remember what games/sores were late 90's to be honest? Statto's! One memory I do have is of being accosted with step dad by someone trying to arrange a boycott oif the game, wasn't gonna wash with step dad as he was an ex (reserve) player! Said something about paying the players wages.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Brighton v Burnley 1979 (don't remember what month) 2-1 win Horton and Lawrenson scored. Went with some school friends from Crawley as a 15 year old and started my life-long love affair with the Albion

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
First two games, 1969 Tranmere and Shrewsbury. 1-0 and 2-0 but don't remember which way round....could have been '68....no, '69...I think???

Last edited:

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
Lasst game pat sayward was manager. Next game clough was being interviewed on the telly in the chicken run. The good years were just begining

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This has been done to death.

Cool comment!

Mine was in 1994, at home, lost 1-0 to Birmingham. Nogan missed a 1 on 1 with the keeper and didn't score again for us I think. We were about 6th at the time and fancied by some. It took another 11 matches for me to see my first win. Loved it.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Dec 16th 1967, a 0-0 draw against a very good Swindon side who would go on to promotion and a LC win in the next couple of years.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Dec 16th 1967, a 0-0 draw against a very good Swindon side who would go on to promotion and a LC win in the next couple of years.

Was Peter Downsborough in goal? Future Albion keeper, of course. Well, on loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here