Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone help get this sick page off Facebook....

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Does the existence of this page actually affect anyonea life in any meaningful way? None of us would have even known it existed if it wasn't for people wanting to stir up a public outrage. Just ignore it and it will die anyway, save your anger for something important.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
If it did, do you think that a single persons views will change and they will be tempted into the world of neo-nazism or 'kiddy fiddling'? If I saw those things on facebook i'd just move on as i did with this cancer one. We need to stop getting so precious.

So much easier to turn a blind eye eh ? If I saw some lads giving it the homophobic abuse to a father and son at the football, I would be the sort of guy who would step in and say something, I guess you would walk on the other side of the road in fear of getting too precious ? Freedom of speech and all that eh ? Bollocks !

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
So much easier to turn a blind eye eh ? If I saw some lads giving it the homophobic abuse to a father and son at the football, I would be the sort of guy who would step in and say something, I guess you would walk on the other side of the road in fear of getting too precious ? Freedom of speech and all that eh ? Bollocks !

Don't get abusive. And what you are talking about there is entirely different.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is very easy to say "Thou shalt not be offended on behalf of others".

This page didn't offend me, but they are sick wankers all the same. Whether one is personally upset, it neither here nor there. It's a vile page. It will upset thousands of people. Therese guys need to learn that their simple action have effects on people.

How long would this chap last if he was singing this in a town centre? The internet should be no different.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Does the existence of this page actually affect anyonea life in any meaningful way? None of us would have even known it existed if it wasn't for people wanting to stir up a public outrage. Just ignore it and it will die anyway, save your anger for something important.

Did the murdering of 1 000 000 people in Rwanda affect our lives in any meaningful way ? No, , your right, f*** it. Only get involved with anything if it personal affects you. Speech and actions not that far apart. And all this " free speech " stuff is utter Horseshit.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
And all this " free speech " stuff is utter Horseshit.

It's not "utter horseshit"; it's an incredibly valuable principle (albeit abused in this case) without which we'd all be a lot, lot worse off than being offended by a troll. It's staggering (and potentially dangerous) how many people don't understand that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Free speech is abused. You will be jailed in some European countries if you publically deny the holocaust happened so there are limits and rightly so. Do I think this wanker should be jailed for the facebook page ? yes 100%.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I thought you were all for freedom of speech on the internet yet you are telling me what I can't post ? Priceless ! !

Being directly abusive or offensive to someone on a messageboard is not what freedom of speech is. Freedom of speech is being allowed to express your opinion on a subject without fear of reprisal.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My father died of cancer and I'm not offended by it. The funniest thing is success of the trolling effort.

Why are you not offended with someone saying dying of cancer is funny ?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Why are you not offended with someone saying dying of cancer is funny ?

Because humour is a subjective thing.

What makes one person laugh will make another sit stoney faced, unimpressed and even offended.

It's the same thought process that has you thinking a movie is the greatest movie ever and another person thinking it's the worst movie ever.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Free speech is abused. You will be jailed in some European countries if you publically deny the holocaust happened so there are limits and rightly so. Do I think this wanker should be jailed for the facebook page ? yes 100%.

But they are jailed for breaking the law. This troll has not broken the law merely offended you. So what you are saying is that someone should be jailed for offending you even if they have broken no laws. Surely you can see that some might regard that as a little fascistic?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But they are jailed for breaking the law. This troll has not broken the law merely offended you. So what you are saying is that someone should be jailed for offending you even if they have broken no laws. Surely you can see that some might regard that as a little fascistic?

I would like to live in a society where this person is jailed for this. I have no time for shit like this and it is not " humour " Still, each to their own.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I would like to live in a society where this person is jailed for this. I have no time for shit like this and it is not " humour " Still, each to their own.

So now you are going further and saying that anything that offends you should be illegal. Clearly you don't mean "each to his own" or anything like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here