Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone help get this sick page off Facebook....

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
In an odd way, it’s so extreme that I take LESS offence from a page like that (and there are many, many more pages in an adjacent vein that continue now and don’t create the shitstorm that this one has.)

It’s a bit like that Hitler Crazy Golf hole, where he gives a Sieg Heil every time the golf ball goes through... Now it’s so obviously ‘offensive’, so specifically created designed and manufactured to give offence, that it loses all impact. I personally take offence at more insidious sorts of bad things, things that are more likely to persuade and cajole people into believing things that I believe are harmful or wrong or whatever. But again, that’s just my interpretation of offence and I absolutely believe more importantly that people should have the right to spout whatever shit they want.

Pages like this are set up and contributed to by total numbskulls, of that there is no doubt. This is just cartoon evilness, like Venger or Skeletor.

Edit... for this under the age of 30 this is Venger. He's BAD (you can tell by his threads, his horse and his single horn)
Dndc-venger.jpg

Secondary edit - it's only in attaching this image that I see that Venger is in fact a cross-dresser. Did he always wear a dress?

Last edited:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Some of the contributors to this thread might take a different and more sympathetic view if like the OP, they had 3 out their 4 grandparents suffering from cancer. Personally, I couldn't give a toss if the twerp on fb is just an attention seeking twit, I find his actions repulsive and sick and I would happily teach him a lesson he'd never forget if I got a chance to meet him.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And well done to all the sanctimonious pricks who helped with censoring the Internet.
If people spent as much time and effort doing something positive for the world instead of whinging about being offended by it then what a lovely world this would be.
Quite frankly, as much as I consider pages like that to be shit, I also everyone who lobbied to be as bad as the page creators with their whole "LOOK MUM, I'M BEING OFFENDED" mentality.

Here's a plan: next time something offends you, stop reading it and go donate a quid to a suitable charity to counter it. If everyone whinging did this, we'd find cures quicker and there'd be nothing to laugh it. Or at the very least, read something else: there are millions of pages on the Internet, nobody forced you to read one that offended you.

How far does tolerance and free speech/ideas go ? Did you think it was ok in 1930 and 1940 Germany with the Nazi regime ? If anyone disapproved of this ideaology were they " santcimounious pricks " If being offended by the material makes me a " sanctimonious prick " I am happy to be one.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
How far does tolerance and free speech/ideas go ? Did you think it was ok in 1930 and 1940 Germany with the Nazi regime ? If anyone disapproved of this ideaology were they " santcimounious pricks " If being offended by the material makes me a " sanctimonious prick " I am happy to be one.

Me too, well said US.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom

And we have reached the point of Godwin's law so this thread is officially over.

Nonetheless, the far right have as much right to free speech as the rest of us. If it's in public, it's open to mockery and can never reach the levels it reached in the 30s and 40s with less free access to opinion these days. The EDL and the BNP failing to ever reach any real levle of threat is testament to this. Just because I think they have the right to say these things though doesn't mean that I don't think they're a bunch of bigotted twats, it just means I think they have the right to show everyone what twats they are.

To paraphrase Voltaire: "I disagree with your opinion but I will fight for your right to have it". I'm not saying that I think that page isn't shit, I'm saying it has a right to be there and if people don't like it, they don't have to read it. I don't think it's in very good taste and as such, I read other things on the internet like NSC instead.

What I meant to get across in that statement is that I feel people need to stop feeling proud of being offended: they need to go and do something good and feel proud of that. Getting a page taken off of Facebook (which it hasn't been anyway, it's been renamed with a warning of its offensiveness) isn't an achievement that will help the world. As a people, we put too much focus on the little things and not enough on the bigger things. While people were complaining to Facebook about that page, people were still dying of Cancer. Did they put any energy into helping Cancer Research UK for example or did they put it all into complaining about that page?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Forget freedom of speech and all that bollocks, if anybody on here thinks its ok to post things on facebook, taking the piss out of cancer victims is one sad fucker. Twats

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Regardless of what it says, freedom of speech is not wrong. We must not start censoring statements we don't agree with.

Freedom of speech confuses me....
People tweet their opinions and get arrested these days!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Regardless of what it says, freedom of speech is not wrong. We must not start censoring statements we don't agree with.

The contents of that page are very wrong, I am not saying people are not entitled to say things but that page is sick.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

What if the page was racist or maybe sympathising with kiddy fiddlers would you also say that would be ok for all to read on Facebook ?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
There seems to be some confusion here. The page is highly offensive but the troll still has the right to post it. Just because something offends me (and I've had cancer and my sister currently has it) doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed. The principle of freedom of speech extends to idiots and is way more important than if something offends me.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
There seems to be some confusion here. The page is highly offensive but the troll still has the right to post it. Just because something offends me (and I've had cancer and my sister currently has it) doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed. The principle of freedom of speech extends to idiots and is way more important than if something offends me.

So if I started a thread on here taking the piss out of cancer victims, you would be ok with that ?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
So if I started a thread on here taking the piss out of cancer victims, you would be ok with that ?

This is what I mean by confusion. I would be "offended" by the thread, I wouldnt be happy about it, I would think you you were a low life c**t but I would defend your absolute right to post it on here. These are not the mutually exclusive positions that you appear to think they are.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
This is what I mean by confusion. I would be "offended" by the thread, I wouldnt be happy about it, I would think you you were a low life c**t but I would defend your absolute right to post it on here. These are not the mutually exclusive positions that you appear to think they are.

But do you not think that the owners of Facebook have some sort of duty of care to its members to remove offensive pages, just as the mods on NSC would do ?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
No. I don't know the owners of FB or of NSC so why would I trust them to moderate free speech. If it's illegal then by all means remove it; if they simply find it offensive or just plain don't like it then no.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
What if the page was racist or maybe sympathising with kiddy fiddlers would you also say that would be ok for all to read on Facebook ?

If it did, do you think that a single persons views will change and they will be tempted into the world of neo-nazism or 'kiddy fiddling'? If I saw those things on facebook i'd just move on as i did with this cancer one. We need to stop getting so precious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here