Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can any of our right wing friends defend this article from The Daily Hate

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It depends on your own experiences of the NHS....all hospitals have different ways/different staff.
I have had 30 ish operations from minor to critical...I owe them my life 3 times..staff have been wonderful in most cases...had a bad experience where staff treated you like a nuisance...ignored you...even tried to boss you around...had my clothes and shoes stolen while in the operating theatre and they expected me to go home in my socks and a blanket on discharge. All in all I have a very high regard for the NHS ..but like all things in life things do not always go right.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
The whole point of the focus on the NHS was to celebrate something which are/were unique to this country and which the vast majority of people support and regard highly. To ignore stories like this right wing racist diatribe, and just accept it because it is "freedom of speech" is a cop out. Bigotry and ignorance should always be challenged.

The NHS is ok, nothing to write home about, and a massive drain on the Nation's financial resources.

What the f*** has it to do with a major sporting event?

Why were we subjected to a view of coffee coloured kids being the norm? It is still the minority of families in this country.

As I said on another thread yesterday, what was done, was done very well, but the subject matter was very, very dubious.

The paper was probably being OTT in its negative view of the NHS, but the broad views are very valid.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
There is so much to despise in this vile outpouring of hate, but the low point was the suggestion that it would be "a challenge" to find an educated middle-class mixed race couple living together with a happy family. Try Denise and Mike three doors down from me. There - not much of a challenge after all, was it?
It's the way its shoved down your throat as entirely normal and happens all the time the way it was here, when quite truthfully its not, while i enjoyed the ceremony and thought it was a great advert for the country i'd have bet my next 20 years wages on there being some form "look at how wonderfully multicultural and really comfortable with it we are" when the very fact its highlighted so often proves we aren't at all, Its social engineering and attempting to subliminally influence attitudes .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's the way its shoved down your throat as entirely normal and happens all the time the way it was here, when quite truthfully its not, while i enjoyed the ceremony and thought it was a great advert for the country i'd have bet my next 20 years wages on there being some form "look at how wonderfully multicultural and really comfortable with it we are" when the very fact its highlighted so often proves we aren't at all, Its social engineering and attempting to subliminally influence attitudes .

Alternatively just a racist view

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Agreed. just like gays have to be in everything on TV these days.

Stumpy Tim

There is so much to despise in this vile outpouring of hate, but the low point was the suggestion that it would be "a challenge" to find an educated middle-class mixed race couple living together with a happy family. Try Denise and Mike three doors down from me. There - not much of a challenge after all, was it?

My wife and I are happy too

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I didn't read the article. But the subject of the NHS comes up quite a lot.

Fact is, the NHS can suck quite badly, shit happens and maybe it's nobodies fault, but lets not all sing and dance in willful blindness, simply because we feel we should or we are bad Brits.

The whole NHS jizzfest in this country, and the constant attacks on people who don't buy into it, all reminds me of Communist China.

I've got friends in the US who live in perpetual fear of losing their jobs because they'd lose the healthcare cover that goes with it. The NHS may have its faults, but just try living without it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Maybe we should have had an opening ceremony celebrating our mighty colonial rule and 'shooting some fuzzie-wuzzies in Africa'. If there is anyone left whose attitude needs influencing that we are a multicultural nation (and there shouldn't be, they're backward neandarthals if they do) then I'm all for it.

The organisations pushing the 'keep society divided' agenda are shameless about it, and certainly practise what they preach. How many black staff at Mail/Telegraph? I can answer that one for you. Virtually none. But they want to see a Britain as it was, and not as it is.

Have you travelled in Europe? Don't you know how many light years we are ahead of not only of where we once were, but where others still are?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I've got friends in the US who live in perpetual fear of losing their jobs because they'd lose the healthcare cover that goes with it. The NHS may have its faults, but just try living without it.

Words fail me at the criticism of the NHS which is provided free or you contribute via taxes. Everyone at some point will need their services which are second to none.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You havent got the brains to challenge what i said, you're just a a small c conservative who wants to prove that he 's a bit right on as well.

There is absolutely no need to challenge anything you say as your views are perfectly clear for all to see.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Words fail me at the criticism of the NHS which is provided free or you contribute via taxes. Everyone at some point will need their services which are second to none.

The NHS is very costly - FACT. It's services and facilities are good and improving, but are NOT "second to none" - why do you think so many people have to go abroad for treatment not available under the NHS? Yes, we will all use it from time to time, sometimes we will be happy with the experience because we are lucky with the people who we deal with. Other times is will be simple dire, with a total lack of customer care and waiting for treatment etc. etc..

If it is so f***ing great - why are BUPA, PPP etc. thriving?

Dandyman

In London village.
Is Aidan Burley the twat Cameron was forced to sack after some "hilarious" Nazi themed stag party ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Maybe we should have had an opening ceremony celebrating our mighty colonial rule and 'shooting some fuzzie-wuzzies in Africa'. If there is anyone left whose attitude needs influencing that we are a multicultural nation (and there shouldn't be, they're backward neandarthals if they do) then I'm all for it.

The organisations pushing the 'keep society divided' agenda are shameless about it, and certainly practise what they preach. How many black staff at Mail/Telegraph? I can answer that one for you. Virtually none. But they want to see a Britain as it was, and not as it is.

Have you travelled in Europe? Don't you know how many light years we are ahead of not only of where we once were, but where others still are?
cant you do better than the tired hackneyed " shoot some fuzzy wuzzies in africa " style arguments ? the truth that is unacceptable to people like you is that the empire also did a lot of good , but i digress, i for one would like to see a britain as it was not as it is , i think large scale immigration has been bad for the country, thats white european immigration as well commonwealth and african immigration, however we cant turn the clock back, certainly not on commonwealth immigration, so its best we live with it, one way which would help is to forget all this multi-culturalism bollocks, in terms of social cohesion it simply doesnt work, its entirely reasonable that some people will retain small parts of their culture , but its time we became a multi-racial society, rather than a society where immigrant cultures create mini replicas of the countries they WILLINGLY came here from.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Somebody once said that every Daily Mail article has to have an object of hate.

Probably the editor, Paul Dacre. His morning editorial conferences are famously so full of industrial language that they're known as The Vagina Monologues.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

D

Deleted member 22389

They are, but how long will this remain as free service. That is one thing I am worried about. There are more people than ever using it. I can see the day when we will have to start paying for it.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
The NHS is very costly - FACT.

Sorry, but using words like "FACT" and "very" in the same sentence, can't be ignored. Using % of GDP, which is about the best affordability rating that is generally well-understood.

World Bank Healthcare Spending Data 2010

So are we "very" expensive when places like the US, which don't have universal healthcare, are spending nearly twice as much as us (relatively speaking)?

If it is so f***ing great - why are BUPA, PPP etc. thriving?

Because many, many people assume that you get what you pay for. Having spent some time looking at both sides in both education and healthcare (speaking only about the UK here) I would say that this is bollocks and the reality is that there seems to be little correlation between what you pay and what you get.

There is good and bad, and there is cheap (or free) and expensive, and if you assume that one implies the other then more fool you.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The NHS is not free; it's paid for by taxes - a lot of them. The genius is that it is broadly free at the point of delivery and therefore universal but it is still inefficient and expensive. Private services (which are of course even more expensive) are much, much better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here