Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not the best game to get your debut in but kudos to RDZ for bringing him on and thinking of the future.
There may well have been debuts with more successful immediate outcomes, but what a game in which to blood him.

He experienced the post-match changing room euphoria at Arsenal, and now he's got this experience within a few days.

Always pleased to see the youngsters like him and Offiah come through, make it on the pitch and achieve their dreams.

That video of his family who have put in so much time and effort over the years with no guarantee of success is touching.

Delighted for all of them. And Albion's assembly line keeps on producing.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I caught a bit of Warren last night on the wireless saying it was great for these young pups to get PL experience, whatever happens this season. Yes, they might develop at different rates/times, but just to be out on the pitch against a team heading to the Champions League will have done them the world of good I reckon.

Whether it was out of necessity or RDZ making a subtle point about a lack of experience in the squad, who knows? But when you look at how the others have progressed, I think it was a pretty smart move.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I caught a bit of Warren last night on the wireless saying it was great for these young pups to get PL experience, whatever happens this season. Yes, they might develop at different rates/times, but just to be out on the pitch against a team heading to the Champions League will have done them the world of good I reckon.

Whether it was out of necessity or RDZ making a subtle point about a lack of experience in the squad, who knows? But when you look at how the others have progressed, I think it was a pretty smart move.
Yes, slightly eyebrow raising that he has appeared to have leapfrogged Moran who has been around the first team longer

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Glad Peupion got his debut in a PL match with the first team before this season was over ( as I predicted back in January 😉) - Newcastle away was tough match to come into or make an impact and it’s still a long road ahead but the breakthrough has been made.

Peup has had a prolific past few months- his aggressive attacking style and goal scoring potential has clearly impressed RDZ so really pleased for the lad - let’s see what a summer of training and friendlies will bring for next season’s campaign.

I am very much encouraged by our Academy players - including those now out on loan - no one could have predicted train strikes and the Queen dying to add to fixture pile up at the end of this season but our squad will look a lot deeper by next season I’m sure regardless of whether we qualify for the Europa or sell one or two key players.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Yes, slightly eyebrow raising that he has appeared to have leapfrogged Moran who has been around the first team longer
I think the reason is probably twofold - with Solly out we’re short of options in terms of that position whereas we have an abundance of players who can play in the number 10 type role - let’s face it we’ve hardly seen Wee Billy until recently. Moran is a very good prospect

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lovely video. It's a great moment for him and all his family.

But also, what a view from his parents(?) living room!
That’s actually beautifully heart warming. Well done to all the family - team effort remember…!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nice article - I'm sure I remember a story about John Keeley being pulled out of the Hove Park Tavern to play a game at the Goldstone which is a really late call up.
At least he didn't have far to travel!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Nice article - I'm sure I remember a story about John Keeley being pulled out of the Hove Park Tavern to play a game at the Goldstone which is a really late call up.
As I remember it the two differences between the stories are that Cameron hadn't been drinking Guinness all afternoon and he didn't actually play.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Peupion being eased ever-so-gently into the EPL matchday set-up. 2023/24 looks all tee'd-up to be his breakthrough season. Clearly RDZ has seen something he likes about the boy

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Lovely video. It's a great moment for him and all his family.

But also, what a view from his parents(?) living room!
That's great. Brilliant to come from such a supportive family. I do hope though that in amongst their support for his career, one of the can just take a second to have a quick word with him about his hair do.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Hope to see Peupion, Offiah and Moran get some more minutes against Villa in the dead rubber.

It’s extra satisfying to see the youngsters progress when they’ve come up through our junior ranks too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports