Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cameron Peupion

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Not sure why just typing someone’s name as my thread title would suggest a prospective unknown signing? Seems a bit of an odd comment.

I assumed more people here than I followed our Academy development so would know a/ who I was talking about and b/ and follow PL2 football
To be fair, that was my first thought just because I'd never registered the lad's existence either.
Just reminded by the 2nd paragraph (and I'm not expecting Zeberdi to know this), what's happened to the poster in Arizona who seemed to have an encyclopedic knowledge of all the youth players etc.?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
To be fair, that was my first thought just because I'd never registered the lad's existence either.
Just reminded by the 2nd paragraph (and I'm not expecting Zeberdi to know this), what's happened to the poster in Arizona who seemed to have an encyclopedic knowledge of all the youth players etc.?
I think my second post gave the wrong impression lol - I don’t follow Academy development much at all was what I meant - it came out a bit wrong reading it back. I should have said ‘I assumed people here followed our Academy development more than I do’.

I remembered him coming on in the cup match in August but until I saw him play on Sunday, he had barely registered with me either. I’m getting more familiar with the U21/3s and occasionally watch a live stream but tbh still find the level a bit dull to watch (am I allowed to say that!? 🤦‍♂️)
Anyone know how you pronounce his surname?! Per-pee-on? Pyoo-pee-on?
Pur-pion 🤷‍♂️

As in the Highlights posted in the OP.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He’s nothing more than a prospect just now - unlike some of the above posters who have also watched us in PL2 this season - I think he hasn’t been particularly special.

His decision making can be questionable, he hasn’t looked particularly quick and as others have pointed out, physically he was very slight - although gym work is certainly helping him “fill out”.

Upper League One/Championship loan would be the next step in progression I would think, Khadra looks closer to being ready for the PL.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Not sure why just typing someone’s name as my thread title would suggest a prospective unknown signing? Seems a bit of an odd comment.
My first reaction to seeing a name as a thread title was "prospective new signing?" as well. Purely because the vast majority of thread titles that are just names and aren't first team players are exactly that. A lot of us don't follow the PL2 and youth teams much beyond the odd updates that are posted here by those who do.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I’ve watched most of the U21s games this season and he is usually one of the stand out performers, seems a very decent prospect and very versatile as well.
Totally agree with this. Have seen Cameron in person and on YouTube and he has always stood out in what is a pretty decent side. Not sure he is ready to break through into the first team just yet, but I can definitely see him benefiting from a loan that gives him regular football

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
AZ Gull? - I believe he took a break from NSC, and I also belief that, at least util recently, he was still posting on Facebook. Hope he's OK - would certainly be welcome back on here!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He’s nothing more than a prospect just now - unlike some of the above posters who have also watched us in PL2 this season - I think he hasn’t been particularly special.

His decision making can be questionable, he hasn’t looked particularly quick and as others have pointed out, physically he was very slight - although gym work is certainly helping him “fill out”.

Upper League One/Championship loan would be the next step in progression I would think, Khadra looks closer to being ready for the PL.
Khadra has not been looking ready for the Championship for a while now.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Well. Khadra is much older and more experienced. I don't think a loan in the championship is likely to be what's in the immediate plan for peupion. Something more like the Ben White journey is probably what is envisaged

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My SAUCE says he HERD Chelsea were SNIFFING around and preparing a MASSIVE bid.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He just got loaned to Birmingham City - so that’s Khadra’s progression ( but I thought Cameron looked a bit better than a 17th place Championship club option tbh but … 🤷🏻‍♂️

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
When he was first here I’d have never picked him out as a likely first teamer eventually, compared to others. But the couple games I’ve seen online recently, he’s clearly improved. A loan to a rough British league seems more interesting than a European jaunt given his physical progression. How about our SPL link rather than Champ or L1?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I'm going to the man city game tomorrow - looking forward to seeing him play.

Can't imagine there will be much of an attendance mind, the games during the Manchester Derby
Bizarre they do this, we've done it before having the kick off same time as a home game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here