Cameron comes of age

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Osborne is a bit of a smug git but so is Brown, a man who has conned vast swathes of the British public and this thread proves that

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I should have thought it was pretty obvious. What's your angle on defending privare education anyway? I feel like an education row.

I don't have an angle. My children attend the schools that best meet all of their needs, private or otherwise.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There hasn't been any debate though Gareth - not ONE argument or positive suggestion from the blue corner. More, just your opinion that veneer and gloss = leadership qualities, then everyone else shooting you down.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes there it is a little one sided !. I will stand my ground however.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Osborne is a bit of a smug git but so is Brown, a man who has conned vast swathes of the British public and this thread proves that

There are plenty of epiphets that I could apply to Brown, but 'smug' is certainly not one of them.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
git then

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We will see

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm with Gareth on this, time for a change. Whether it will happen or not is another matter

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
i wanna bang cameron's missus :smokin:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They didn't though. I'm no Labour fan - I didn't vote for them in the last election, or the one before that, or the one before that... but I don't ever recall any Labour politician say we're going to prevent families breaking up.

It's the reverse in fact. Whhen the Tories were mouthing off this year about offering more child benefits to children of married parents, Labour made much of the fact that their benefits were aimed at all children.

I assume that what Cameron means by preventing family break-up is some sort of financial inducement but a) how does he cost it? b) how does he differentiate between a father who lives apart from his kids but is not divorced and one who lives with his kids? and c) what about families who want to split up because one or both parent is seeing someone else but they need to stay together because they want to extra money. How does that help anyone.

I repeat: it's probably one of the maddest ideas I've heard from a politician.

I am pretty sure I remember the Labour Party promising to bring the families together as they are the backbone of Britain. I wasn't suggesting that you were a Labour sympathiser, more along the lines of lots of talk and promises are never fulfilled by any ruling party.

I agree that it is a strange promise and I would like to see what he means by this and how, as you say, he would induce it.

To be fair, he does make a lot of sense with his other points. However, it is easy to talk the talk, than walk the walk. We learnt that during the last 10 years or so.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
David Cameron delivered a superb tour de force speech this afternoon to come of age as a serious politician. He was a breath of fresh air after 10 years of Labour's lies, deceit, disasterous foreign policies, stealth taxes and pillaging of Pensions funds.

66 minutes of speech without an autocue or notes , well put together and reasonsed out.

Cameron is the way forward to bring the country and its undoubted talent to the fore. Cut out the red tape and bureaucracy and our every move ruled and regulated and pleasures banned and anyone who dares to rise about the mediocre taxed until their backsides bleed.

Brown get your ugly mug out of office and PDQ. Take your tired old policies and fellow Reds with you and let someone with new ideas in, you and your stinking party are finished.

Thats is all :angry:

Cameron will be lucky to last til Xmas. The idea that people will vote cos of some crappy tax bribe went out with the ark. The Tories are just going through the motions and have no more hope of forming a government than the pathetic spineless clueless LibDems.

Ten. More. Years. :dance:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm probably what you'd call a swinging voter. I have two problems with Cameron. Firstly his shadow cabinet are buffoons! and secondly Mr Brown is far more intelligent and worthy of the job than Cameron. Shame though as I traditionally don't vote Labour as I am not a fan of Unions....but thats another debate entirely and would be tempered by my experience of Australian Labour Unions not UK!

Blair was a great orator and speech writer and has also worked off auto cue.

Kinnock another great orator, pre autocue and no notes
Tony Benn great orator, pre autocue

Micheal Fish, one of the best orators,
Dennis Skinner another great orator......................

If you want great orators they come out of the Labour movement, because traditionally, they had to work the streets, the factory, the office, the sweat shop, the Conference, the smoked filled Party and Union room.

I haven't heard Cameron speech yet, so won't pass judgement. In fact whilst I share Roz appetite for the tories, I have been impressed with Cameron, I think he is a sharp bunny. And speaking to an audience with notes, autocue etc and making it interesting let alone for 66 minutes with no notes etc is a brialliant feat.

Tosser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports