Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameron comes of age

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...I heard bits of the speech on the news whilst cooking my tea, my question to a Tory canvasser who comes knocking at my door if a snap election is called would be...what can the party offer to someone who is either single, in a parnership that is neither married nor civil, or raising children on their own...if they can convince me that the majority of the population, who fall into those categories, would be better off with them in power...then and only then might I be prepared to vote for them, if they can first get my head out of the large pot of boiling water on my stove.

...what can the party offer to someone who is either single, in a parnership that is neither married nor civil, or raising children on their own...if they can convince me that the majority of the population, who fall into those categories, would be better off with them in power...
The majority of the population?

Are you right?

Let NSC find out. Try this poll:-
http://northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?t=112436

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
David Cameron delivered a superb tour de force speech this afternoon to come of age as a serious politician. He was a breath of fresh air after 10 years of Labour's lies, deceit, disasterous foreign policies, stealth taxes and pillaging of Pensions funds.

66 minutes of speech without an autocue or notes , well put together and reasonsed out.

Cameron is the way forward to bring the country and its undoubted talent to the fore. Cut out the red tape and bureaucracy and our every move ruled and regulated and pleasures banned and anyone who dares to rise about the mediocre taxed until their backsides bleed.

Brown get your ugly mug out of office and PDQ. Take your tired old policies and fellow Reds with you and let someone with new ideas in, you and your stinking party are finished.

Thats is all :angry:

Ha Ha Ha - thanks I needed a laugh, oooo me sides!:jester:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
anyway there best policitican they lost was Michael Portillo a man with real gravitas, William Hague has also come on in leaps and bounds in the last 10 years

Ha Ha - another diamond comment, oh thanks this thread is making my lunchtime:jester::jester::jester:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
LB, have responded to your poll...let nsc decide what the demographic, at least of this board, really is.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My number one priority is the environment. I perceive Labour to be more environmentally-aware, so they'll get my vote

Hang on a minute! The Tories have got that presentable young farmer type. The one who's the third richest man in Britain or something, telling us to get the train instead of flying. They're proper environ-mentalists :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A brave but ultimately fruitless speech I think. Brown will sledgehammer Cameron at the ballot box.

Hang on a minute! The Tories have got that presentable young farmer type. The one who's the third richest man in Britain or something, telling us to get the train instead of flying. They're proper environ-mentalists :thumbsup:

The thing is that goldsmith and gummer actually came upwith some 'radical' proposals on the environment which may have done some good.

cameron, at the behest of the facists that make up the rank and file of the tory party, rejected them. WTF is wrong with a fee for supermarket car parking for example, get some of the lazy sods to walk instead.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The thing is that goldsmith and gummer actually came upwith some 'radical' proposals on the environment which may have done some good.

cameron, at the behest of the facists that make up the rank and file of the tory party, rejected them. WTF is wrong with a fee for supermarket car parking for example, get some of the lazy sods to walk instead.

I agree with you actually, but the British people as a rule, will object to being told to leave their car at home by a guy whose butler has a choice of six cars to do the shopping in.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I will be voting Tory this time, i voted Labour last time but am fed up with them, its not good to have a government in office for so long in my opinion.
A change is required.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I will be voting Tory this time, i voted Labour last time but am fed up with them, its not good to have a government in office for so long in my opinion.
A change is required.

Are you at all bothered what you are proposing to change to, or will any change be fine?

I agree with you actually, but the British people as a rule, will object to being told to leave their car at home by a guy whose butler has a choice of six cars to do the shopping in.

Can't disagree with that at all. I think goldsmith was entirely the wrong person to front up the task force.

It was rather like listening to his fathers lectures on morality, all the while knowing the fat shit had been having an affair for the previous 20 years.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Please no.

Had enough of high taxation.

Had enough of poor health service (despite the extra billions pored into it - where HAS that gone?)

Violent crime at record high.

Education - schools still sending out kids who can't even complete a job application form correctly

Complete shambles of a foreign policy

Raped the Pensions of millions

Austrialian type immigration poicy (points system) ? talk about shutting doors, horses and bolting.

Too many people claiming benefits, and expecting someone to provide for them - too much of the 'it's not my fault attitude'. Some people really need looking after, many do not - they are just plain lazy.

Could go on and on.

:angry:

You're forgetting planning permission for a new football stadium, of course. I bet we wouldn't have got that off a Tory government.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
My number one priority is the environment. I perceive Labour to be more environmentally-aware, so they'll get my vote

Just out of interest, Why? Other than using the environment as an easy way for extra taxation I don't see many policies that are genuinely environemtally friendly. The Tory policy to tax planes on emmisions rather than a flat tax seems a better way to reduce pollution to me and better than anything that Labour have come up with (and I speak as someone who has only ever voted Labour).

In my opinion none of the parties have really got to grips with the issue. Taxing plastic bags and removing VAT from energy efficient light bulbs are 2 easy examples of things that could make a difference and are easy to do but no party has seem to have picked up.

On a wider note some of the policies released for the Conservative parties look sensible (No stamp duty for first time buyers for example) Then they ruin it all by suggesting that problems in schools can be resolved by sticking Blazers on kids. Like that will work in Toxteth.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Are you at all bothered what you are proposing to change to, or will any change be fine?

You cant be scared of change.
The tories/labour are much the same.

Labour only got in because people wanted a change after years of tory government.
They have done a reasonable job, but in my opinion are getting lazy having been in power for so long.

As i say a change is required. You have to give people a chance sometime to prove there worth.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just out of interest, Why? Other than using the environment as an easy way for extra taxation I don't see many policies that are genuinely environemtally friendly. The Tory policy to tax planes on emmisions rather than a flat tax seems a better way to reduce pollution to me and better than anything that Labour have come up with (and I speak as someone who has only ever voted Labour).

In my opinion none of the parties have really got to grips with the issue. Taxing plastic bags and removing VAT from energy efficient light bulbs are 2 easy examples of things that could make a difference and are easy to do but no party has seem to have picked up.

On a wider note some of the policies released for the Conservative parties look sensible (No stamp duty for first time buyers for example) Then they ruin it all by suggesting that problems in schools can be resolved by sticking Blazers on kids. Like that will work in Toxteth.

Plastic bags make me so f***ing angry. People walking out of Asda with a dozen of the things to throw away when they get home. I have a couple of fold out canvas ones in the boot of the car which cost all of 70p each from Sainsburys, and each take as much shopping as three carriers, without splitting or cutting into your hands. Its not asking much of people, but most will never do it until they are made to pay for carriers.

It works in Ireland, and should be brought in here tomorrow. 30p per bag - people would very quickly change their habits.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
It works in Ireland, and should be brought in here tomorrow. 30p per bag - people would very quickly change their habits.

Exactly. I order online sometimes and you often get 1 item in one plastic bag. Then we get all this bollocks that supermarkets are actually aware and care about the environment with 'no plastic bag days'- Does that count towards thier online deliveries as well? I bet it doesn't.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Exactly. I order online sometimes and you often get 1 item in one plastic bag. Then we get all this bollocks that supermarkets are actually aware and care about the environment with 'no plastic bag days'- Does that count towards thier online deliveries as well? I bet it doesn't.

On-line deliveries are worse still. If you are a regular customer then why don't they just deliver it all on big trays [like bread trays], then collect the empty ones when they deliver next time?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Online deliveries will of course cut emmissions because the van will deliver many groceries in the same trip. Maybe they could do better on plastic bags but the carbon footprint is much less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here