Calling all wannabe managers. Let's hear your suggestions for improving our form

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted member 18477

calderon

greer dunk tano

lualua buckley bridcutt reyes noone

vicente

CMS

Last edited by a moderator:

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
4-2-3-1.

Ankergren

Calderon Greer Dunk Painter

Bridcutt Reyes

Buckley Vicente Lualua/Noone

CMS

Depending on the game and opponent may need a slightly defensive minded wingers - especially if they are good aerially. Teams with smaller forwards (Cardiff) have little aerial threat and we seem to cope better with these teams.

Always stick to Gus' passing philosophy, HOWEVER... If it isn't working and it's quite clear that it isn't don't be afraid to mix it up a bit.

Shoot more. And sometimes be a little more daring and direct with passing, Urgency is sometimes required when chasing a game late on.

Don't quite understand Paynter as of yet, time will tell I guess but he's an outlet to use if all else fails.

That'll do for now :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Give the players a cuddle?

On that note, come out saying I didn't realise we were meant to be in the top 6 in November and also, it was Leeds we were playing a few weeks back, what do the fans expect?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Make Nooney spend 3 hours a day practising crossing and shooting.
Tell the players to stop loosing the ball in our own half?
Stop watering the pitch before the match.
Put more trains on so fans stay longer to cheer the team on.
Play Lua Lua once in a while.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Put a sign on each touchline in the oppositions half that says "this way to the goal".
Retrain Noone in the art of teamwork and effective crossing of the ball to fellow players on the same side, a la Doncaster game.
Give CMS platform boots to make him a bit taller.
Have a whip round next home game for Harley's train ticket outta here!
Show gus a picture of KLL to remind him who he is.
Split the whip round money to buy Navarro a ticket too.
Get some new batteries for Hoskins, Vicente and Buckley. If they still don't want to play, say bye bye folks!
Up the goal bonus to a tenner and a couple of tickets to the Fatboy concert of their choice.
Get Barnsey playing where he can score goals, and I don't mean at another club.
Get the ball to CMS and not keep kicking it anywhere past the opposition backline for him to forlornly give chase.
Get another Kisch and Bennett.
Score shed loads of goals each game to claim our three points.

Simples!

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Win the ball
Play the Gus style
(don't lose the ball, be patient, frustrate, Pass with head up wingers!! and cut inside aka Bennett)
Shoot
Give Hoskins a chance!
Give lua lua a start!
Look for a CF who can score headers, shoot on target, hold the ball up, control, MURRAY, ZAMORA even WOOD
Question whether Vicente,Harley is good for the team attitude (tried harder b4 they arrived)

Trust Gus we may actually need to go backwards first and at least Gus is saying we need quality many managers might not say things need doing. Though check hs ego?

Give caskey a go!

Goalkeeper
Calderon, Greer, Dunk, Painter
Vicente, Bridcut, Buckley, lua lua
Hoskins Mackail Smith

Paynter, noone (bring on for Hoskins or lua lua, Buckley), Reyes, Sparrow

llugaes

Jan 20, 2009
moonwalk the opposition into submission.

bas-savage-moonwalk-o.gif

go for a 4-2-3-1 formation, with three attacking midfielders that can inter-change. Reduce the size of the AMEX pitch, we did better, played better football on the tight Withdean pitch...my two pennies worth

oh and in gus we trust, but Ryan Harley shouldn't play he is guff

Amex_Charlie

Dec 17, 2010
Brighton
- Actually use our wingers, as we have 4 top class wingers and only seem to be playing noone.
- Give LuaLua and Barnes a run of games
- Keep Sparrow in the team.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Pick you're 1st eleven and stick with it for 5 games, there's too much trying to be clever with the team selection.
Teach the players how to tackle and defend and grind out some points.
Pratice free-kicks and corners, ours are awful.
Shoot on sight, we wont score unless we shoot.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Pratice corners, ours are awful.

Couldn't help myself ... so I'm taking a corner and the only target I got is 1, maybe 2 fellas that actually can't head a ball .... the only 2 or 3 that can are hidden in a mass of bodies somewhere. Tell you what .... someone else take the corners

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rename ourselves real Madrid and buy all off their players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports