Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling all wannabe managers. Let's hear your suggestions for improving our form

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
1. Move the ball quicker (not long balls, still keep it short, just stop spending so much time on the ball).
2. Shut down and press the opposition quicker.
3. Play players where they should be played i.e. Barnes up top, not out wide.

Unfortunately numbers 1 and 2 may need some new players!

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
1. Move the ball quicker (not long balls, still keep it short, just stop spending so much time on the ball).
2. Shut down and press the opposition quicker.
3. Play players where they should be played i.e. Barnes up top, not out wide.

Unfortunately numbers 1 and 2 may need some new players!

A good start!!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This is worth repeating here on Portlocks thread

For THOSE that DARE to QUESTION we are in the SHIT

Worrying Stats
We’re all aware generally of these but officially....

Disciplinary:
-top of the yellows league
-2nd top of the fouls-committed league
-And joint 4th of the reds league

He shot, he scored, he must be....(playing for the other team?):
-we’re 3rd bottom of the shots ON target league this season
-top of shots OFF target league (but also with the least number overall, I hasten to add)
-And in the last 9 games, we’ve had 29 shots on target e.g. just over 3 per game (but in two of the last 3, we’ve scored a duck)

Depressing isn’t it?! Still, KLL’s going to fire 2 in against Coventry as the Seagulls blitz the Sky Blues in a Rocky-like comeback

Hopefully we can have a bit of Joe Espito (sp?) - 'You're the Best' of Karate Kid fame after the game instead of that Fatboy bollocks, maybe with a spotline shone on CMS.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
G.K:

Def: Dunk, El Abd, Reyes

Mid:

Att:Buckley, Noone, Hoskins, Greer, CMS, Vicente, Barnes LuaLua

It seems that Caspers main attribute is his ability with the ball at his feet. I've often read on here how it's like having 11 outfield players. Well, if that's the case, lets have 11 proper outfield players. Everyone grew up playing football down the park with no proper goalie so the back three should be able to cope. There's three of them back there so they can pass it around in pretty triangles if they want to, whoever is closest to the goal can do some goal line clearing like the Norwich defender against Arsenal and they can take turns taking the goal kicks.

The midfield is clearly our weakest area, so I say, f*** it, lets not bother with it and load the attack instead. After the back three are done with their ten minutes of passing between themselves they can launch it up the other end where Greer will be positioned-much like centre halves of losing teams used to do for the last ten minutes back in the day-to win the ball in the air. CMS, Vicente, Buckley, Barnes, LuaLua, Hoskins and Noone will then feed off the second ball and work their magic. The odd goal that we will concede from not having a g.k will be more than offset by the hat full that we'll score.

It's tough on Bridcutt, but if he can't reinvent himself as a defender or silky/speedy attacker then he'll have to be sold. We can then use the proceeds to buy George Boyd to really get the best out of CMS.

Casper good with the ball at his feet.............play him on the wing!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Go back to the tried and trusted back four, Calderon-Greer-Dunk(El Adb if fit)-Painter. It worked well enough for the first half dozen games.
Get Bridcutt holding with Reyes next to him for a bit of creativity. Use the width of the pitch and attack down the flanks with Lualua and Buckley.
And get Cms and one other up front, I'd like to see Hosinks but cant really judge as not seen enough of him, otherwise Paynter, Playing two wide men crossing the ball in would play to Paynters strengths, if he proves to really be that crap then Barnes...4-4-2 for f*** sake and attack!!!!!

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
if any of Reyes, Buckley, Hoskins, or Vicente are fit....they play......and harley to go back to exeter.

gizza25

Swedish Seagull
Jan 17, 2011
Lövestad/Sweden
Go 442, but really need a target man like Murrey, maybe try Lua Lua in that position?

Angergren
Calderon, Greer, Dunk, Painter
Vicente, Bridcut, Buckley, Noone,
Lua Lua, Mackail Smith
Subs: Paynter, Hoskins, Reyes, Sparrow, Vincolot

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
David Beckham is LEAVING LA Galaxy it seems.

Come on Gus and Bloom. Just COME ON

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Harper

Calderon Dunk Greer Painter

Bridcutt Reyes

Vicente

Buckley Noone

CMS

Would be my team if they were all fit.

Why have you got Harper by the corner flag?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
get relegated and then so we can play in league one again as we do a lot better there i think but thats just my opinion

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The players just need to start playing with confidence... When in possession play with a slightly more direct attitude (All this 2 touch bollocks just ain't happening is it?... One touch to control and one to give it away has had it's day now Gus... Give something to CMS to work with, e.g some passes to run on to (not after)!

Every player needs confidence to play at their best, this is the million dollar question that Gus has to put right IMHO!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Parking a coach in front of our goal so we can go all out ATTACK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here