Caldo's red card withdrawn

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
What sanctions will be applied to the referee, linesman and fourth official who apparently got it wrong?"Natural justice" ( ho- ho) requires that the game should be replayed! No chance!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What sanctions will be applied to the referee, linesman and fourth official who apparently got it wrong?"Natural justice" ( ho- ho) requires that the game should be replayed! No chance!

I heard the lino say he didn't see it. Was Fourth Official I believe, who incidentally has just moved onto the football league. Referee was more than experienced enough though

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What odds on:

a) Calderon getting sent off v Derby

or

b) calderon wrongly avoiding a red card v Derby?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm stunned. Delighted, because it was never a red, but stunned.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Do we know if the ref looked at video and advised the FA to overturn?

Also, just watched the highlights again on the sky sports app, and it looked like their manager's initial reaction was to make the signal of a ball, as if he feared his player was in trouble.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Great News !!!

OK, it may well have cost us the cup game, but dodgy decisions are part of football, and we live with that.

The fact Inigo is not suspended is the main thing :)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Now that is a surprise! An 'expletive' often uttered by my dear old ma in days of my youth :) She was from Dundee, so I take it it is a Scots word ???

It's actually spelt crivens, but I like to be a tad 'urban' with my spelling on occassion. Innit.

You're right though: it is a Scots word & it's used as an exclamation of surprise (like when the FA actually do something decent for a change). My old Mum's side of the family came from Dundee & just north of the city, so I reckon you could be onto something with regard to the term's specific geographical origin. :thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Great news as it puts Calderon in the clear. I wonder if it would have still be overturned if the Newport player suffered no injury at all?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Great news as it puts Calderon in the clear. I wonder if it would have still be overturned if the Newport player suffered no injury at all?

It wouldn't have been a red if the Newport player had been ok, so would not have needed rescinding.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I look forward to the apology from the ref and linesman.

TB

It wasn't a bad decision, it was just the wrong one, it happened so quickly and without the benefit of a replay it was a tough one to call. If Calde had his leg broken we would have expected Bryon to get a red card.

Malone would have been sympathetic in his post match report and the FA would have acted accordingly. Good on the ref for supporting the appeal I say.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

If the Newport player had suffered no injury calde wouldnt have been sent off. it was clear the red card was only shown once the ref had become aware of the seriousness of the injury. He didnt even blow for a free kick at first only stopping the game when he realised neither player was getting up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports