Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caldo's red card withdrawn

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good news, it was never a red card in a month of Sundays.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fantastic, I am genuinely shocked

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Shows what kind of guy Calde is

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sp...y_____Exiles_defender_will_be_out_for_months/

The Exiles were furious with the reaction to the injury of a section of Brighton fans, but they’ve sprung to the defence of Calderon.

It is understood the Brighton man stayed with Anthony until he was taken to hospital and then opted to visit him before his surgery.

County’s director of football Tim Harris explained: “We have no issue with their boy who was distraught, he assures us it was an accident and we have no reason to question his integrity or sincerity on the issue.

“His concern for Byron was exemplary.”

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The Exiles were furious with the reaction to the injury of a section of Brighton fans
...are they completely stupid,... if they new anything about this club, the type of fans we are, the type of community we have, then they wouldn't be spouting this garbage, the booing was for the sending off, not the injury.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Great news, I wonder if he would have been let off if Gus was still in charge.
Get the feeling his self opinionated rants and big mouth cost us a few 50/50 decisions last season.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Shows what kind of guy Calde is

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sp...y_____Exiles_defender_will_be_out_for_months/

The Exiles were furious with the reaction to the injury of a section of Brighton fans, but they’ve sprung to the defence of Calderon.

It is understood the Brighton man stayed with Anthony until he was taken to hospital and then opted to visit him before his surgery.

County’s director of football Tim Harris explained: “We have no issue with their boy who was distraught, he assures us it was an accident and we have no reason to question his integrity or sincerity on the issue.

“His concern for Byron was exemplary.”

They have issue with our behaviour? Is that when we shouted "it was a fifty fifty challenge" and their manager and subs shouted "**** off you *****" at us?

jamesy's

Mar 3, 2009
So they now admit the ref fxxk up. We should now sue for compensation as we may have gone all the way to the final.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So they now admit the ref fxxk up. We should now sue for compensation as we may have gone all the way to the final.

we might well have lost a fair bit of money that's for sure

I am delighted for Calderon more than anything else, it won't make him feel much better but at least he knows now that the rest of football won't think he is a dirty player.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Inigo Calderon's red card has been rescinded by the FA...

I'll have what he's having, barman.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
They must have read my post on the matter:

TSB
It wasn't a red live. It wasn't a red according to their manager. It wasn't a red according to our manager. It wasn't a red on that grainy image. It wasn't a red according to BBC Sussex. It wasn't a red according to BBC Wales. It wasn't a red judging by their players non-reactions (I was there. None of them appealed: they just looked concerned). It very clearly wasn't a red card.
Hope we've got a good lawyer/person arguing for us.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Really am surprised it was over-turned. Didn't think it was a red at the time, and the video suggested that, but for the FA to over-turn it is good for us!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:clap2:

Said it was never a red. Excellent news that we'll have Calde available on Saturday. Also saw on twitter that Calde went to visit the Newport player in hospital. As a person he's a class act.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here