Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caldo's red card withdrawn

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes! get in.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
It's actually spelt crivens, but I like to be a tad 'urban' with my spelling on occassion. Innit.

You're right though: it is a Scots word & it's used as an exclamation of surprise (like when the FA actually do something decent for a change). My old Mum's side of the family came from Dundee & just north of the city, so I reckon you could be onto something with regard to the term's specific geographical origin. :thumbsup:

My dear old mum deffo pronounced it with an e :) Notters was prob right thinking the anglicised 'crivins' sounded a bit jolly hockey sticks E. Blyton :lolol: Ma's dad worked in the jute mills of Dundee, and was fond of a dram :rolleyes:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
...are they completely stupid,... if they new anything about this club, the type of fans we are, the type of community we have, then they wouldn't be spouting this garbage, the booing was for the sending off, not the injury.

I dunno maybe they were at Palace and witnessed a section of the crowd booing Murray when he was being carted off or maybe they looked on here and saw a lot of posts reacting to news of a potential career threatening injury with "Good riddance!".

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
...are they completely stupid,... if they new anything about this club, the type of fans we are, the type of community we have, then they wouldn't be spouting this garbage, the booing was for the sending off, not the injury.

We've done this ad nauseum.

There were two sets of booing. One for the ref when Calde was sent-off, and then a few minutes later, there was some booing mixed in with the applause when the players was carried off.

There was booing for both.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It wasn't a bad decision, it was just the wrong one, it happened so quickly and without the benefit of a replay it was a tough one to call. If Calde had his leg broken we would have expected Bryon to get a red card.

Malone would have been sympathetic in his post match report and the FA would have acted accordingly. Good on the ref for supporting the appeal I say.

What an absolute load of bull. The Referee was using the rubbish new rule on challenges that are deemed to be dangerous as there's a possibilty they could to cause injury to an opponent: but he was basing it on the resulting broken leg & not the challenge by both players. He got it totally WRONG - so by definition it was a bad decision. Thankfully, he must have realised the error of his ways afterwards. Had Calde been unfortunate enough to be seriously injured and not the County lad, I hope to God that most of our supporters would be sensible enough to recognise that it was an honest 50:50 & nobody deserved a card of any colour. That said, there's always some folk in every crowd that would be baying for 'justice' - regardless of whether they'd seen the incident or not. No doubt a number of ours would be much the same.

I don't know what you are trying to say, but the Malone wasn't a villain in this, and he supported the appeal.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
FREE THE CALDE ONE!! Excellent news that he is back but I don't know how you feel about the cup...is it worth the injuries/cards and extra match time when you have a league game a few days later? I will go and support the team like I have for years at these games...but League is priority followed by FA cup in my book.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know what you are trying to say, but the Malone wasn't a villain in this, and he supported the appeal.

I haven't seen anything that says he supported the appeal. Refs can look at video before the leave the stadium, but we had to appeal to the FA.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
That Peterborough supporting twit on Talk Sport was talking about how pleased he was that Newport won. And he specifically made reference to the Calde tackle as disgusting. Oddly this was after Edinburgh was on the same station saying that having seen the tackle again they did not think it was a red.

I hope that radio bully now has the balls to apologise to Calde - a nicer man you'd struggle to find in football.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It wasn't a bad decision, it was just the wrong one, it happened so quickly and without the benefit of a replay it was a tough one to call. If Calde had his leg broken we would have expected Bryon to get a red card.

Malone would have been sympathetic in his post match report and the FA would have acted accordingly. Good on the ref for supporting the appeal I say.

What an absolute load of bull. The Referee was using the rubbish new rule on challenges that are deemed to be dangerous as there's a possibilty they could to cause injury to an opponent: but he was basing it on the resulting broken leg & not the challenge by both players. He got it totally WRONG - so by definition it was a bad decision. Thankfully, he must have realised the error of his ways afterwards. Had Calde been unfortunate enough to be seriously injured and not the County lad, I hope to God that most of our supporters would be sensible enough to recognise that it was an honest 50:50 & nobody deserved a card of any colour. That said, there's always some folk in every crowd that would be baying for 'justice' - regardless of whether they'd seen the incident or not. No doubt a number of ours would be much the same.

I haven't seen anything that says he supported the appeal. Refs can look at video before the leave the stadium, but we had to appeal to the FA.

The incident would have been in his post match report which the FA would have viewed with the appeal.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Agree to some extent - their player jumped in from where I was sat, and looking at replays it still looked like he didn't have much control over his slide/jump/tackle/block. Calde on the other hand was just going to kick the ball that was coming to him. So if Calde had been hurt, it would have just enforced my original conviction that their player should have been sent off for jumping in that way..

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This news and the Palace epic fail have made my night. Great.
Oh just read the 12 Bet Stadium thread......what a lovely 10minutes iv'e had since logging on.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Of course he was the bleedin' villain! HE was responsible for waving a red card at Calde when he hadn't commited a foul!!

#Givemestrength

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Of course he was the bleedin' villain! HE was responsible for waving a red card at Calde when he hadn't commited a foul!!

#Givemestrength

Oh no he isn't

Oh yeah I forgot, it's panto. Booooooooo

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
My dear old mum deffo pronounced it with an e :) Notters was prob right thinking the anglicised 'crivins' sounded a bit jolly hockey sticks E. Blyton :lolol: Ma's dad worked in the jute mills of Dundee, and was fond of a dram :rolleyes:

Yes, jolly hockey sticks is what I usually have in mind when I hear/use the term used these days. Absolutely TOP HOLE detective work from me ol' chum Nutters there. :clap:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That Peterborough supporting twit on Talk Sport was talking about how pleased he was that Newport won. And he specifically made reference to the Calde tackle as disgusting. Oddly this was after Edinburgh was on the same station saying that having seen the tackle again they did not think it was a red.

I hope that radio bully now has the balls to apologise to Calde - a nicer man you'd struggle to find in football.

the 'bully' hasnt got it in him to apologise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here