Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caldo's red card withdrawn

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
Will Caldo be holding back on tackles this Saturday???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Will Caldo be holding back on tackles this Saturday???

You'd hope not, especially with his psychology background - however lets give him a good reception Saturday

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
you'd hope not, especially with his psychology background - however lets give him a good reception saturday

definitely this..

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
Calde is innocent! :clap:

The ref must have admitted he made a mistake cos I can't imagine the FA did it on the video evidence.
Justice has been done.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No he didn't, I hope he defends better on Saturday though, I still maintain it was a poor piece of defending.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No he didn't, I hope he defends better on Saturday though, I still maintain it was a poor piece of defending.

His defending was mostly poor on Tuesday. While I'm pleased we have A fit & available full back, as opposed to none, I'm still a bit worried about Calderon's form.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I hope this doesn't block Vitalijs Maksimenko's RIGHTFUL pathway into the team. We've unearthed a gem and we're FRIGHTENED about playing him. :nono:

rockypaul

May 23, 2011
I hope this doesn't block Vitalijs Maksimenko's RIGHTFUL pathway into the team. We've unearthed a gem and we're FRIGHTENED about playing him. :nono:

Hopefully not, Calde in his rightful right back position and Maksimenko at left back...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Gus , Tanno and Charlie were still here I'm pretty sure the appeal would have failed and the ban increased to 4 games as they would have taken the tirade of abuse at the officials from all 3 into consideration.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It wasn't a bad decision, it was just the wrong one, it happened so quickly and without the benefit of a replay it was a tough one to call. If Calde had his leg broken we would have expected Bryon to get a red card.

Malone would have been sympathetic in his post match report and the FA would have acted accordingly. Good on the ref for supporting the appeal I say.

What an absolute load of bull. The Referee was using the rubbish new rule on challenges that are deemed to be dangerous as there's a possibilty they could to cause injury to an opponent: but he was basing it on the resulting broken leg & not the challenge by both players. He got it totally WRONG - so by definition it was a bad decision. Thankfully, he must have realised the error of his ways afterwards. Had Calde been unfortunate enough to be seriously injured and not the County lad, I hope to God that most of our supporters would be sensible enough to recognise that it was an honest 50:50 & nobody deserved a card of any colour. That said, there's always some folk in every crowd that would be baying for 'justice' - regardless of whether they'd seen the incident or not. No doubt a number of ours would be much the same.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
:clap2:

Said it was never a red. Excellent news that we'll have Calde available on Saturday. Also saw on twitter that Calde went to visit the Newport player in hospital. As a person he's a class act.

Absolutely this, Calde has class and I am proud he plays for us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here