Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye Barnes [Merge of many threads]

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Barnes was stupid, yes. He's just got back from a ban, yes. The reaction on here is bloody ridiculous. Nobody here ever makes mistakes then? Barnes should definitely stay, one of our better players

Feb 14, 2010
People should be honest about why they are having a go at Barnes. Sure he was daft today but really the reason is that he has a habit of missing chances. People have just seen two players who cant score in Barnes & CMS. That is the reason why people have a pop at him, today is just an excuse.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
....are you for real, better than who????
Well, the other strikers. CMS obviously, Hoskins probably, Ulloa tbc. Barnes top scorer last two seasons, still young, cost little. Inarticulate yes. Short tempered yes. Knows where the goal is, adds to team and still improving

Feb 14, 2010
Well, the other strikers. CMS obviously, Hoskins probably, Ulloa tbc. Barnes top scorer last two seasons, still young, cost little. Inarticulate yes. Short tempered yes. Knows where the goal is, adds to team and still improving

Mate, Barnes couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo. Both he and CMS have missed sitter after sitter. We used to have a centre forward, his name was Murray who made intelligent runs, found space was clinical and skilful. If you cant score goals with this midfield then you never will. Poyet has assembled a superb midfield but Barnes and CMS have failed for two seasons. Both to go in the close season whether we go up or not. The fact that he has a temper is irrelevant and would be forgiven if he was a goal scorer, but simply has missed one too many chances and failed.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
CMS has to go I agree. Now he's injured I worry we'll be stuck with him though. Think we should keep Barnes though. I wanted to keep Dobbie who seems to be fitting in nicely with another of our former strikers

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Have you got a mental age of three?.... get a grip man.(boy?)

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Which bit is incorrect? Barnes could be better but still improving and top scorer last two seasons. Idiotic today but the vilification on here unjustified. Plenty of footballers are idiotic

Winchester1

Aug 27, 2012
Downtown Winchester
just got back from Bolton ( thought we deserved something out of today )....................Ashley .... why, why why? Is this petulant **** determined to **** up our play off push? Not happy! Ashley grow up, man up or feck off!

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Which bit is incorrect? Barnes could be better but still improving and top scorer last two seasons. Idiotic today but the vilification on here unjustified. Plenty of footballers are idiotic
Go on then, list all the footballers that have attacked a ref. I'll start with Di Canio but after that?

And then give me a list of all players that have attacked a ref and then gone on to be really great? Er...

This afternoon I watched an idiot of the highest order; there is no excuse. He is paid an awful lot of money to represent the club that I support, indeed he probably earns in a month what I get paid in a year (and quite probably more) and if I behaved like that at work I would be out of a job in an instant. So why shouldn't he?

Kempo

Nov 3, 2012
Spot on. I liked him at first, but he's not good enough for the Premier. We need more class like Ulloa if we are going to have any chance.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I have always judged footballers by the following criteria and without these, a footballer is nothing.
1) Character
2) Temperament
3) Tactical awareness
4) First touch
Therefore, by this criteria, Ashley Barnes is nothing.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I have always judged footballers by the following criteria and without these, a footballer is nothing.
1) Character
2) Temperament
3) Tactical awareness
4) First touch
Therefore, by this criteria, Ashley Barnes is nothing.

I would argue Character- good. Temperament- awful. Tactical awareness- excellent. First touch- good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here