Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

By- Election imminent LUCAS arrested at Balcombe.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Fully agree. There is a great documentary film made about this. There was a guy in America in the 1950s who came up with a natural cure that apparently was a lot more effective than traditional treatments. His book became an international best-seller, but he was discredited, bullied, hounded and threatened by the medical profession and ended up committing suicide.

The problem is that anything that can be found naturally cannot be patented. But it takes a huge amount of investment just to do the legal testing required to get a drug on the market. The massive pharma giants make billions of dollars out of NOT finding a cancer cure - there is no way they are going to be interested in investing in a drug that will cut a huge swathe through their profits. Anyone who believes otherwise is naive in the extreme. Having had a very close friend recently die of cancer, and knowing how ineffective her treatment was, I know which route I would choose to go down.

I find it quite funny you calling other people naive. If you did get it - and I wouldn't wish it on anyone - I would think your chances of survival rather slim with this approach. Unfortunately, by the time you find that out, it would probably be too late.

what was the firm that ran those crappy old buses along the a259 from brighton to newhaven and eastbourne?
There were several. Haven Coaches and Blue Triangle come to mind. B&H Buses even bought themselves some clapped-out yellow buses, and ran them at special fares, to try to fool people that choices were available.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I find it quite funny you calling other people naive. If you did get it - and I wouldn't wish it on anyone - I would think your chances of survival rather slim with this approach. Unfortunately, by the time you find that out, it would probably be too late.

If you research it, there is plenty of evidence that natural remedies are at least as effective as traditional treatments. Chemo only cures 10 per cent of sufferers. It might extend your life a little but it makes you feel awful. Has it not occurred to you that the pharma conglomerates, who have a huge lobbying presence and who make billions and billions of dollars out of cancer treatments, may not want a cure to be found - or may, at least, have a vested interest in not promoting research into alternative remedies? Perhaps you need to be a little bit more open-minded.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
"Herbal medicine was all tested, what worked, became medicine, what didn't work became a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri"

mattpenfold

Sep 17, 2011
If you research it, there is plenty of evidence that natural remedies are at least as effective as traditional treatments. Chemo only cures 10 per cent of sufferers. It might extend your life a little but it makes you feel awful. Has it not occurred to you that the pharma conglomerates, who have a huge lobbying presence and who make billions and billions of dollars out of cancer treatments, may not want a cure to be found - or may, at least, have a vested interest in not promoting research into alternative remedies? Perhaps you need to be a little bit more open-minded.

Tell you what, since you are the one making the claim and thus the burden of proof is on you, why don't you list say a dozen peer reviewed papers that support your claim.

And you need to offer evidence to support your 10% claim. Hodgkins and non-Hodgkins make up nearly 10% of all cancers, and have a very good survival rate. The treatment of choice for both is chemotherapy.

Last edited:

Sorry, I'm not having this - and I'm posting this message having spent four hours today sitting in the chemo unit at the RSCH, having my veins filled with the products of the pharmaceutical industry.

Whoever said the objective of chemo is to "cure" cancer? I'm content with being treated. My chemo doesn't make me "feel awful". In fact, now I'm into my fifth cycle of treatment, I can report that the only minor irritating side effect I've been troubled with is occasional fatigue, easily dealt with by putting my feet up for a couple of hours.

The prognosis may not be a cure, but there are plenty of people who live a long and comfortable life with treatment. And every cancer is different. I haven't had enough experience of mine yet to know it well enough. But, so far, I'm neither suffering, nor battling.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Most of the delays on Lewes Road over the past few months have been down to the roadworks - which are very nearly finished. Some of the obvious benefits of the scheme are already shining through. Buses are noticeably running more reliably. And the cycle lanes are working well and much more safely than before. Pedestrians are also benefiting from the new crossings that have been installed.

Looking at the scheme solely from the point of view of a car driver is surely a bit "self-serving", no?

Indeed but being a car driver and using that road everyday - through no viable alternative choice - I tend to have a one sided view of the situation - the road used to flow much more freely - other than when the cycle train used to think it was rather fun to cycle slowly up the middle of the dual carriage way banging drums and singing at 8.30am :facepalm:

mattpenfold

Sep 17, 2011
I stand corrected although I did say not many - for the live of me I don't know why the build them there.... I guess they use the sea water to cool reactors???

Indirectly, yes. The sea water is used to cool the purified water used in the primary and secondary cooling circuits.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Sorry, I'm not having this - and I'm posting this message having spent four hours today sitting in the chemo unit at the RSCH, having my veins filled with the products of the pharmaceutical industry.

Whoever said the objective of chemo is to "cure" cancer? I'm content with being treated. My chemo doesn't make me "feel awful". In fact, now I'm into my fifth cycle of treatment, I can report that the only minor irritating side effect I've been troubled with is occasional fatigue, easily dealt with by putting my feet up for a couple of hours.

The prognosis may not be a cure, but there are plenty of people who live a long and comfortable life with treatment. And every cancer is different. I haven't had enough experience of mine yet to know it well enough. But, so far, I'm neither suffering, nor battling.

Good luck with your treatment LB - we may not agree on the traffic policy in our lovely city - but I wish you well and hopefully a speedy recovery :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If you research it, ...
maybe you should, then you might undertstand what it is, and why there is not and probably never will be a "cure". natural treatments only help a fraction of those that try, it you understood what was going on in cancer, you'd understand that special diets, herbs, oxygen tents, crystals or whatever, have at best a placebo effect.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

What a sad ignorant post.
Open minded,that is a laugh coming from you.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Fully agree. There is a great documentary film made about this. There was a guy in America in the 1950s who came up with a natural cure that apparently was a lot more effective than traditional treatments. His book became an international best-seller, but he was discredited, bullied, hounded and threatened by the medical profession and ended up committing suicide.

The problem is that anything that can be found naturally cannot be patented. But it takes a huge amount of investment just to do the legal testing required to get a drug on the market. The massive pharma giants make billions of dollars out of NOT finding a cancer cure - there is no way they are going to be interested in investing in a drug that will cut a huge swathe through their profits. Anyone who believes otherwise is naive in the extreme. Having had a very close friend recently die of cancer, and knowing how ineffective her treatment was, I know which route I would choose to go down.

I just hope you don't have to put your misguided beliefs to the test.
Your views are an insult to all those working to find a cure for cancer and to those who have had the disease.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Hope all goes as well as it can!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I just hope you don't have to put your misguided beliefs to the test.
Your views are an insult to all those working to find a cure for cancer and to those who have had the disease.

Many people have put these beliefs to the test and had success. Many people have had success in more orthadox medicines.As has been mentioned a few times on this thread it is really horses for courses and finding the best treatment for you.

On a personal level if some such thing befell myself or one of my family I wouldn't be writing anything off.

''So what if there's no scientific proof? What has a person to lose by going on an organic diet?'' he asks. ''I don't think my journey has been unscientific, it's just that there's been no science in a big way applied to it.'

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/national/can-apricot-kernels-keep-cancer-at-bay-20100306-pptb.html#ixzz2cjTtdl2m

After my mother in law enjoyed here success I became a little interested in what she had done, the ingredient that seemed common to most of these kind of treatments were the apricot kernals that this fella is talking about.

Good luck with your treatment LB, I am glad it is working for you.

mattpenfold

Sep 17, 2011
Many people have put these beliefs to the test and had success. Many people have had success in more orthadox medicines.As has been mentioned a few times on this thread it is really horses for courses and finding the best treatment for you.

On a personal level if some such thing befell myself or one of my family I wouldn't be writing anything off.

''So what if there's no scientific proof? What has a person to lose by going on an organic diet?'' he asks. ''I don't think my journey has been unscientific, it's just that there's been no science in a big way applied to it.'

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/national/can-apricot-kernels-keep-cancer-at-bay-20100306-pptb.html#ixzz2cjTtdl2m

After my mother in law enjoyed here success I became a little interested in what she had done, the ingredient that seemed common to most of these kind of treatments were the apricot kernals that this fella is talking about.

Good luck with your treatment LB, I am glad it is working for you.

The Age is an Australian newspaper, not a peer-reviewed journal.

Care to explain how you got so confused ? And why you are promoting something that can potentially kill ? Apricot kernals contain cyanide, and it is quite possible to ingest enough to be fatal. And why you promoting something known to be false, and is simply a con ?

Rather irresponsible of you I would say, promoting a treatment that can kill and is a con. Really pretty scumbag behaviour.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The Age is an Australian newspaper, not a peer-reviewed journal.

Care to explain how you got so confused ?

Shit really?!! So what have I been reading with my morning cup of tea?

I got confused when my mother in law had bowel cancer and decided not to have the chemo treatment despite the objections of doctors, friends and family. Then she started drinking these muddy milkshake things and ordering apricot kernals (she had stopped eating processed food years ago in order to get rid of her asthma). I thought she was mental, but supported her decision.

I was even more confused when she went for her check up and the cancer had gone.

Then she stopped with the milkshakes and apricot kernels and the cancer came back, they tried to cut it out this time as it was smaller but this didn't work.

Then she tried the muddy milkshakes and apricot kernels again and the cancer went away again and has not come back.

This really confused me so I read a little on the subject in medical journals like The Age and it turns out that many many many people have experienced success with this kind of treatment.

So out of my confusion I learned that maybe there is something in this diet, muddy milkshake and apricot kernel thing and as we were talking about on this thread about someone getting arrested at a fracking protest i would share what i learned and link to and article in the newspaper about someone who had used the same treatment to pleasing effect.

I have already stated most of this so perhaps you could explain how you got so confused?

Last edited:

mattpenfold

Sep 17, 2011
Shit really?!! So what have I been reading with my morning cup of tea?

I want you to explain why you promoted a cancer cure that is known to both kill and be a con. Are you just stupid, wilfully ignorant or someone with an interested in conning people and not giving a toss ?

Wilfully ignorant would be my guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here