Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

By- Election imminent LUCAS arrested at Balcombe.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
My Brother went up there with a bunch of his hippy mates last Friday, not heard from him since. It has been bliss, mind you. Bit worrying he hasn't contacted us, he's probably got high and stumbled down the drilling well.

One can hope.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This wasn't advice that was given to me - and the Macmillan booklet I've been given doesn't mention it. I'm not a great fan of weapons grade cleaning materials or soap anyway.

This was my thought as well,the reading material did not mention this stuff,however our Macmillan Nurse was adamant all the major household cleaning items were carcinogenic and should be removed and no longer used.I have to admit it is something i did not even question,i mean why would you?One would obviously do anything possible to help a loved one beat cancer.Hindsight is a great thing though,our Macmillan Nurses where across the board,without fail, amazing,without sounding flippant this bloody awful disease had already done its damage and i`m not sure how removing the Cillit Bang would have made matters better

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Not easy that is for sure. we found that introducing our diet for the kids was hard but once you have it in place it becomes easier. The UK is far ahead of Australia for the food additive thing, I couldn't believe how easy it was to choose additive free food when I was last there. Hopefully we will catch up soon.

All the best.

I am genuinely surprised at that,i thought the Aussies would be miles ahead of us.

I damn knew those two weeks at Airlie Beach gave me a false perspective on life

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It is also very arrogant and dismissive of Soulman to maintain that the drug companies do not want to find a cure for cancer.
As you say,an itch from a swimming pool is hardly in the same league as a disease that kills huge numbers of people every year.
Just seen this.
You are not the only one who has had cancer in the family, iv'e lost 3 relatives to the disease as well. They had all the treatment, chemo etc.
I do not live in LA LA land as you stated on your previous post, i'm not arrogant either, just your opinion.
FYI, i am not "dismissive", i just think that there are other remedies that can help beat this horrible disease, many cases have proved this.
Also FYI, i donate to a well known cancer fund, to help the unfortunate people that have it, the caring side, not the research side.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone see the documentary on C4 'you're killing my son' about the mother who ran off with her son after being told he had a brain tumour or something? Probably still on 4oD

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
And, if anyone is wondering why I am still posting at 1.25am, it's because a morning's chemotherapy - far from making me feel awful, as one of the apricot fans suggested earlier - gives me a few days of quite surprising energy. Things will get even better tomorrow, when I start a four day course of steroids, to supplement the chemo.

That's good news. As you say, I think everyone's experience is different. Best of luck, Lord B.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here