Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buy a house in Burnley for under £10,000

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
It's a pretty run down area and the houses just don't sell. Burnley had a larger population in the 1950's than it did in the early 2000's and it's all down to work. Burnley's population growth was down to people getting employment in the cotton industry and now that is no more. People have moved away because of work (and that's why you won't be more than one mile away from a Burnley fan :wink: ).

The town has actually started to grow in the last few years, business and employment wise.

I had a property for sale in Nelson 18 months ago. Had two neighbours approach me before it even went on the market with an offer. Sold it for £28,000, typical 2 up 2 down with kitchen off living room. Hope to get back up for a visit soon. Always got a soft for Burnley. First went to Turf Moor in the early 80's for a reserve game against Everton, it was freezing and Bovril was most welcome.

Jan 10, 2014
'I had a property for sale in Nelson 18 months ago.'

Whereabouts Quinney, because that's where I live?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was going for a 'comedy gold' post about the Telegraph couple struggling to live on £190,000 a year.
This house could be the answer to all their problems.

That is until I checked the price of an annual train ticket from Burnley to Euston:-

£16,000 :ohmy:

Obviously I didn't check for cheaper, but blimey, that's 1 1/2 houses!

I assume the ticket from Euston to Burnley is £16 :lol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I had a property for sale in Nelson 18 months ago. Had two neighbours approach me before it even went on the market with an offer. Sold it for £28,000, typical 2 up 2 down with kitchen off living room. Hope to get back up for a visit soon. Always got a soft for Burnley. First went to Turf Moor in the early 80's for a reserve game against Everton, it was freezing and Bovril was most welcome.

I bet it wasn't £2.20 a fecking cup

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here