Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buy a house in Burnley for under £10,000

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've been to Burnley lots of times and it's a shithole. Also the most unpleasant fans I have ever come across in my travels (and I have been to most grounds).

Hmmm, even it what you say is true, would you like someone else describing where you live as being like that? We don't have to live there, or even visit there. The residents of Burnley do.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Hmmm, even it what you say is true, would you like someone else describing where you live as being like that? We don't have to live there, or even visit there. The residents of Burnley do.

They could always move. Perhaps it's living there that makes them so unpleasant.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
I believe this is why they want the direct Manchester train link opened/reopened or whatever. I understand its a ball ache to get to by train surprisingly, as soon as that line opens up then you will get the Manchester over spill as as a result Burnley (and Blackburn) will have a bit of a regeneration.

The direct line from Manchester to Burnley has been open for most of the year, thanks to a short bit of track - The Todmorden Curve- being reopened & joining up some existing lines. For the mighty Wanderers' recent match at Burnley , i travelled direct from Salford to Burnley via Manc, through the likes of Littleboro, Todmorden & might have been in Yarkshire at one point ....& very nice it was too.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
We have an office in Burnley and I can honestly say the people are some of the nicest I've met in the country - top bunch. ten times more friendly than most in Brighton these days.
Against Brighton never seen any issues, might be different when Blackburn are in town but so are we when Palace are around.

always have a look in the estate agents windows when I work up there and it is incredible that you can get a decent sized 3 bed with a garden in an ok area for £70/£80k.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Been to Burnley several times and always enjoy visits there. I actually like the rows and rows of terraced housing, the old mills and factories set against the back drop of some lovely countryside. There is a lack of decent pubs in Burnley as most have shut down. Just a shame I can't make Sunday's game due to no available trains to make kick off.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Stayed up there a couple of years ago for our game, and I thought some of the countryside around there was stunning.

Sure, the town centre has seen better days, but Burnley's not alone there. Anyone been to Crawley town centre recently?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Been to Burnley several times and always enjoy visits there. I actually like the rows and rows of terraced housing, the old mills and factories set against the back drop of some lovely countryside. There is a lack of decent pubs in Burnley as most have shut down. Just a shame I can't make Sunday's game due to no available trains to make kick off.

We went in the cricket club next to the ground, it was fine.

theboybilly

The pubs are still there mate, just not on every corner. You've two Wetherspoons within easy walking distance of Turf Moor and quite a few proper' pubs a little further out. Everything you might need is within half a mile of Burnley FC

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
The direct line from Manchester to Burnley has been open for most of the year, thanks to a short bit of track - The Todmorden Curve- being reopened & joining up some existing lines. For the mighty Wanderers' recent match at Burnley , i travelled direct from Salford to Burnley via Manc, through the likes of Littleboro, Todmorden & might have been in Yarkshire at one point ....& very nice it was too.

I live in Tod, and yes indeed for a brief period you would have been in God's Own County

Jan 10, 2014
Ministry of Ale which is near to the Manchester Rd train station.

Bridge Bier Huis which is in the centre.

Brun Lea and The Boot Inn (both Wetherspoons) in the centre.

You'll be o'reet in any of them if you have a sane mind, and you'll be able to sample some spiffing locally brewed swills.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
We went in the cricket club next to the ground, it was fine.

I went there last year, it's not exactly a cosy pub with log fire with a nice bar etc. normally drink in the Poultry Club (working mans club in Nelson)or at The Oaks Hotel where we normally stay. There's a very dodgy pub opposite the main station (full of EDL literature), and no pubs left in Nelson.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

I don't mind it either, not my least favourite away game at all. The rail replacement buses on sunday are a ballache.

Jan 10, 2014
Do you know the street/area where this house is, do you know why it's so cheap? Looks a perfectly reasonable house to me.

It's a pretty run down area and the houses just don't sell. Burnley had a larger population in the 1950's than it did in the early 2000's and it's all down to work. Burnley's population growth was down to people getting employment in the cotton industry and now that is no more. People have moved away because of work (and that's why you won't be more than one mile away from a Burnley fan :wink: ).

The town has actually started to grow in the last few years, business and employment wise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here