Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley, Everton or possibly Leeds

Who you THINK will be relegated (not necessarily who you want to drop).

• Burnley

Votes: 58 20.2%
  • Everton

Votes: 131 45.6%
  • Leeds

Votes: 98 34.1%

• Total voters

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As usual I don't disagree with the gist of your post, but have to take issue with the bold bit. The first was a pen, laughably given at 0-2 when Anders Limpar fell over Peter Fear's leg. An absolute joke decision. The second was an absolute thrike from Barry Horne (no keeper was stopping that). The third winning goal though...

It's funny how the mind plays tricks. I could swear he was doing his best Graham Smith impressions that day but watching the youtube highlights from [MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION] it's not like he's done an Imperial Leather with the ball for any of the goals.

The team that went down instead? Sheffield United. Given they also went down when West Ham did that dodgy ownership thing with Tevez and Mascerano, I'd forgive their fans if they went down the tin foil hat conspiracy route.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's going to be Everton, isn't it? :smile:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Really conflicted now. Would love it to be Everton, but then the thought of possibly sending Leeds down by winning at Elland Road.....

I hear you. :wink:

After tomorrow's game against Chelsea, Everton have got 2 away games at Leicester and Watford.

They've only won once away all season...against us last August.

A failure to win tomorrow and purely looking at the away form would suggest it's going to be very difficult to survive.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
You have to give credit to Burnley for the performances they have put in over the past few games since Dyche was sacked. They deserve to stay up at this stage.

Leeds were always going to be in trouble - second season crisis that is common with promoted clubs. Their defence was always suspect under Bielsa and they have a very soft underbelly - I could see Leeds completely blow it and end up being the team that drops.And if Everton survive and then don't dump Lampard they will be in major trouble next season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You have to give credit to Burnley.

And remember:

Screeding
Landfill
Shit
Concrete
Graft
Render
Ducting

And that’s the Burnley way.

ab5a8ea41b966c62f8be8acd67b03db5.png

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A 5 point gap to make up means they need two more wins than Burnley or Leeds get. I cannot see Everton making up those points

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The whole "that was a stupid move sacking Dyche, Burnley are screwed now" trope is looking on reasonably dodgy ground right now.

Honourable mention to Leeds though for having key injuries at the wrong time, one of the worst defences ever seen in the Premier League and having an entire stand that can't spell "Yorkshire" with some cards but can luzz them at players and linos - and miss.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Burnley will regret sacking Dyce, and already have over the missed penalty.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The whole "that was a stupid move sacking Dyche, Burnley are screwed now" trope is looking on reasonably dodgy ground right now.

Honourable mention to Leeds though for having key injuries at the wrong time, one of the worst defences ever seen in the Premier League and having an entire stand that can't spell "Yorkshire" with some cards but can luzz them at players and linos - and miss.

Yep. Hands up. I thought it was a massive mistake.

Maybe there was more to it.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
A 5 point gap to make up means they need two more wins than Burnley or Leeds get. I cannot see Everton making up those points
Yes, but I can see Leeds possibly not getting any more points from their 4 games of Arsenal, Chelsea, us and Brentford away on the last day and even if they scrape one draw out of that lot Everton only need 2 wins from 6 - doable

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Everton, Frank will achieve his objective

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here