[Football] Burnley, Everton or possibly Leeds

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who you THINK will be relegated (not necessarily who you want to drop).

• Burnley

Votes: 58 20.2%
  • Everton

Votes: 131 45.6%
  • Leeds

Votes: 98 34.1%

• Total voters

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Everyone is over looking Villa fixture list here - got to play Burnley twice, second time midweek 3 days before Man City away for last game

Other two games are Liverpool and Palace

They have 37 points, superior goal difference and are playing Norwich next game.

They are not going to go down.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
clearly no manager has ever been back to his old team with new club and beat them 3 months after getting the sack. it happens

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Everyone is over looking Villa fixture list here - got to play Burnley twice, second time midweek 3 days before Man City away for last game

Other two games are Liverpool and Palace

Villa!? 8 points above drop zone - 9 effectively with GD. No way at this stage of the season

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think (and hope) it will be Everton.

The Toronto Seagulls fans share a pub with Everton fans. There's more of them including a couple of mouthy CJTCs, and they always get the main bar if their match is on at the same time as ours. I would LOVE IT if they went down and hardly had any games to come to the pub for. We'd make sure the main bar was "Premier League Only"

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That poor goal difference for Leeds could prove their undoing.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
By my calculations, Burnley will go down by 1 point (Everton get 5 points, Burnley 2 from last games)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I really hope Everton go down. They only survived in the 90s by winning 3-2 against Wimbledon after going 2-0 down. Whilst Hans Segers - The Goalkepper for the kids - was cleared of match fixing (accused of taking £19K from a betting syndicate via John Fashanu), lets just say he could have done better with the goals.

Frank Lampard will then have failed to get promotion with Derby who had Tomori and Mason Mount in the team, struggled to 5th in the PL with a team that won the Champions League and taken Everton down. How's that for a CV. Martin Hinshelwood eat your heart out.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Burnley and Leeds showing some good form, when it matters.
Everton are in it up to their necks, don't think they will survive.

This, plus taking account of Everton's run plus taking account of the fact that both Leeds and Burnley have got a bit of spunk about them plus I suspect that Everton's bottle has gone.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
And with Ricarlison and Gordon in their team, Everton are already well-practiced in going down easily.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I really hope Everton go down. They only survived in the 90s by winning 3-2 against Wimbledon after going 2-0 down. Whilst Hans Segers - The Goalkepper for the kids - was cleared of match fixing (accused of taking £19K from a betting syndicate via John Fashanu), lets just say he could have done better with the goals.

Frank Lampard will then have failed to get promotion with Derby who had Tomori and Mason Mount in the team, struggled to 5th in the PL with a team that won the Champions League and taken Everton down. How's that for a CV. Martin Hinshelwood eat your heart out.

The thing that Frank does very well is get good players on loan from Chelsea to the Championship. I’m sure he could get another job in the 2nd tier after Everton sack him.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

I didn't remember the specifics of the game so just found it on Youtube. Segers could perhaps have done better for the winning goal, but made an excellent stop earlier. The other two were a Barry Horne!!?? thirty yard screamer that he had no chance with and a penalty. If I had to be investigating anyone it would be the ref for falling for an obvious dive from Anders Limpar that won the penalty. Martin Tyler obviously wasn't a fan of Limpar's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H3r1uhj_dE

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

As usual I don't disagree with the gist of your post, but have to take issue with the bold bit. The first was a pen, laughably given at 0-2 when Anders Limpar fell over Peter Fear's leg. An absolute joke decision. The second was an absolute thrike from Barry Horne (no keeper was stopping that). The third winning goal though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports